This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Files app deleted

In my unrooted Asus6z, firmware WW_18.0610.2101.12, i thought it as a duplicate of file manager app and accidently deleted the Files app from the app list. In the settings can not access files in the storage. Can it be recovered as It is not on the google play store.

30 REPLIES 30

_jis_
Zen Master III
You mention you don't have root, that means you can't delete any apps from your phone. If you hide the app in your launcher, study how to undo it. If you can't handle it, clear data to your launcher to reset it.

_jis_

You mention you don't have root, that means you can't delete any apps from your phone. If you hide the app in your launcher, study how to undo it. If you can't handle it, clear data to your launcher to reset it.

View post
You suggest it might have hidden in my launcher. So i checked in the hide app option of the launcher. But the Files app is not there. I have also checked in the disabled apps option inside settings but it is not there either. I am sure it got uninstalled not hidden or disabled. Will Clearing data in recovery mode reset it. Can the .apk of the Files app be shared, is that an option?

The zenUI file manager can only be disabled. But the preinstalled Files application got uninstalled very easily. I have read in a post that without rooting the phone, Files application is the only way to access the files in the android data folder in the new android version. I dont know about rooting and i dont prefer to wipe all data to recover the Files application. What else can be done?

_jis_
Zen Master III
VS-KR

The Files application (version r_aml_300900700) is an app that can be, indeed, uninstalled !

At least, it's not written "unable" or "erase previous updates" ...

View post
In Android 10, the Files app is part of the ROM and can't be uninstalled, I still have the A10.
Are you saying the opposite is true in Android 11? Are there more of these applications that a user would lose irrevocably after a factory reset because they are not part of the ROM?
App Files in A10:
screenshot-20210118-152754002.png