cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enroll in the beta test just hanging

mihai_tuhari
Star II
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this was already discussed but I couldn't find any reference while searching.
Today I purchased my Zenfone 7 and I'm keen to update to Android 11 via the beta enrolment program.

The problem is that once I click the Settings -> Enroll in the Beta Test Program, the page is simply hanging.
At some point after retrying I saw some raw JavaScript code of some Google Analytics tracking.
Any clues?
135720099-677715109567449-1118936570047456952-n.jpg

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mihai.tuhari

Thanks @Averan !

@Anders@Anders_ASUS could you please help me get into the Beta program? 🙏

View post
Depends on if you want to join just to get A11 or if you're willing to actively help us by reporting bugs? I can't give you any date but you should be aware that we're not that far away from releasing the official A11.

mihai_tuhari
Star II
@Anders_ASUS I would like to actively help the community & Asus and report issues.
My main reason for A11 is to have Android Auto via Wifi (so not wired)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Your vehicle needs to support wireless android auto as well. You probably already knew that,I didn't though and had a brief dalliance with a pixel 5 and a 2019 Toyota HiAce only to discover that the van doesn't support wireless android auto . I hate the fact that everytime you use android auto it charges your battery and as I am a distribution driver I use it quite often. It can't be good for the battery. I am glad to be back to a zenfone though

mihai_tuhari
Star II
@Roystoys That's such a bummer. You are right about the battery being charged all the time while connected, I also don't like this.
On the car, Apple Car works via WiFi so I expect no issues for Android Auto too.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have discovered a way around this. There is an app called acubattery that allows you to set a charging level so when it reaches the set level it stops charging. Simply set the max level to a lower level than your phones actual level so when you connect to your vehicle it simply will not charge. Thanks to the clever developers at acubattery PS the only downside is that the app only allows you to set the maximum charge to 50% but that's better than nothing