Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UM433D
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:What is the hotkey for Sleep mode on the UM433D? Power button is off due to bad button placement, so I need the alternative. Last Asus I had had a Zzz key, but I don't see one on this model.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello EdB,
You may use Win+L key to lock the screen, and then the laptop will go to sleep mode.
Thank you.

EdB
Star I
Thanks for the reply. However, Win+L doesn't put the computer to sleep directly, it throws it into the opening screen then just sits there for some perioud of time without shutting off.
I want to be able to press a key combination to immediately put the computer into sleep mode like I used to be able to do with my old Asus UX305 on this computer, UM433D.

Liviu
Rising Star II
EdB

Thanks for the reply. However, Win+L doesn't put the computer to sleep directly, it throws it into the opening screen then just sits there for some perioud of time without shutting off.

I want to be able to press a key combination to immediately put the computer into sleep mode like I used to be able to do with my old Asus UX305 on this computer, UM433D.

View post
You could go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings", select Change what the power buttons do, and set an action for the power button. Fore example, set it to sleep when you press it, or set custom pressing patterns, such us, short press sleep mode, long press turn off.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Now I see that you excluded the power button due to bad placement. Well, in this case you should hire someone to press it for you ...