This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6z feature requests

Ash0101
Star I
1. A button to switch data from sim1 to sim2 and vise versa must be provided. ( Like in Oxygen OS)
2. Camera toolbar must have a toggle button to toggle between primary and secondary camera. This way video calling apps must be able to switch between main and wideangle camera. 
20 REPLIES 20

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lovin2501 said:
ColorSage said:
lovin2501 said:
A)  Knock On screen / Double tap on screen to lock/unlock the phone.( Like on LG phones)
B) Customise LED Colors & behaviour for different apps/ notifications.
C) Customizations on lock screen ( Clock position , clock colour n type)
D) Audio wizard: more options to enhance inbuilt speakers output. 
E) Audio wizard : Parametric EQ for earphone/ headphones
a) Double tap to wake/dt2w is already implemented. Check it out in Settings.
b) As far as I know, this LED is not fully RGB so you couldn't assign any color anyway.
c) Just use custom lock screen. Built in one is supposed to be clean, fast and reliable, so I don't see that happening.
d) Could you elaborate? I don't know what do you find insufficient.
e)Parametric EQ? There is a custom settings option
A) dt2w is not there in settings its lift to check. Knock on or double tap works differently. Please check if it can be included.
B) This is sad 😞 ... Can we change LED notification behaviour atleast ...if not Colors ? 
Like : blink for network availibility, and blinking counts for different type of notifications.
C) Don't prefer third party lock screen , it could be ok if comes via reliable Asus dev. Team
D) The low frequency output is not proper , punch and loudness from inbuilt speakers output is missing. Even other phones with single/mono speakers sounds similar. On Asus 6z consedring  5 magnet speaker and NXP AMPS...output expected is of another level. In Audio wizard customization is limited for inbuilt speakers , we can't even setup listening profile for speaker mode. Anyways the bass frequency response & loudness to be improved through internal speaker.
E) Custom settings is there but the bands are in graphical equalizer...parametric equalizer will give it another level ... So that we can adjust each frequency band more precisely . i.e. Cut & Q adjustments between  31hz to 16khz 

Hi

A) Double Tap to wake/sleep is as ColorSage mentioned present in our settings. It is under the Gestures section.
Settings->Advanced->Gestures 
Find the section "Touch Gesture" for what you are looking for.  You can also use the search bar in the Settings page.
Search for "Double tap" and you will find a result for "Touch Gesture" that will bring you to the same place.

There are also other gestures for you to try out.

B) The notification LED is Green and Red. Can combine for orange. In the current ZenUI we have not included any function for self-customization. 

We'll bring your feedback to our dev teams for consideration.

However I should add in - there exists a lot of functions and features we do not currently implement in ZenUI. While we will continously study new functions to add in, we also need to consider the line when "features" become "bloat" . One person's feature is another person's bloat. (Not saying yours would or wouldnt be).

With ZenUI 6 , and the direction we are taking, it has been made clear we want to provide a cleaner, easier, and less bloated ZenUI. More in line with stock Android and the implementations found within. ZenUI does come with a lot of functionality which are not present in stock - however as said, Asus also needs to consider what direction ZenUI should take and how to balance all these aspects.

The more features we add, the more room for bugs , the longer updates take, and so  on - and it is our responsibility to make sure we can provide updates faster than before - as that is our own priority.

So all additions or changes to functionality on ZenUI has to be taken with this into consideration. While ZenUI can never be everything to everyone - we read all your feedback on here - and collect them for passing back to our dev teams.

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS said:
lovin2501 said:
ColorSage said:
lovin2501 said:
A)  Knock On screen / Double tap on screen to lock/unlock the phone.( Like on LG phones)
B) Customise LED Colors & behaviour for different apps/ notifications.
C) Customizations on lock screen ( Clock position , clock colour n type)
D) Audio wizard: more options to enhance inbuilt speakers output. 
E) Audio wizard : Parametric EQ for earphone/ headphones
a) Double tap to wake/dt2w is already implemented. Check it out in Settings.
b) As far as I know, this LED is not fully RGB so you couldn't assign any color anyway.
c) Just use custom lock screen. Built in one is supposed to be clean, fast and reliable, so I don't see that happening.
d) Could you elaborate? I don't know what do you find insufficient.
e)Parametric EQ? There is a custom settings option
A) dt2w is not there in settings its lift to check. Knock on or double tap works differently. Please check if it can be included.
B) This is sad 😞 ... Can we change LED notification behaviour atleast ...if not Colors ? 
Like : blink for network availibility, and blinking counts for different type of notifications.
C) Don't prefer third party lock screen , it could be ok if comes via reliable Asus dev. Team
D) The low frequency output is not proper , punch and loudness from inbuilt speakers output is missing. Even other phones with single/mono speakers sounds similar. On Asus 6z consedring  5 magnet speaker and NXP AMPS...output expected is of another level. In Audio wizard customization is limited for inbuilt speakers , we can't even setup listening profile for speaker mode. Anyways the bass frequency response & loudness to be improved through internal speaker.
E) Custom settings is there but the bands are in graphical equalizer...parametric equalizer will give it another level ... So that we can adjust each frequency band more precisely . i.e. Cut & Q adjustments between  31hz to 16khz 

Hi

A) Double Tap to wake/sleep is as ColorSage mentioned present in our settings. It is under the Gestures section.
Settings->Advanced->Gestures 
Find the section "Touch Gesture" for what you are looking for.  You can also use the search bar in the Settings page.
Search for "Double tap" and you will find a result for "Touch Gesture" that will bring you to the same place.

There are also other gestures for you to try out.

B) The notification LED is Green and Red. Can combine for orange. In the current ZenUI we have not included any function for self-customization. 

We'll bring your feedback to our dev teams for consideration.

However I should add in - there exists a lot of functions and features we do not currently implement in ZenUI. While we will continously study new functions to add in, we also need to consider the line when "features" become "bloat" . One person's feature is another person's bloat. (Not saying yours would or wouldnt be).

With ZenUI 6 , and the direction we are taking, it has been made clear we want to provide a cleaner, easier, and less bloated ZenUI. More in line with stock Android and the implementations found within. ZenUI does come with a lot of functionality which are not present in stock - however as said, Asus also needs to consider what direction ZenUI should take and how to balance all these aspects.

The more features we add, the more room for bugs , the longer updates take, and so  on - and it is our responsibility to make sure we can provide updates faster than before - as that is our own priority.

So all additions or changes to functionality on ZenUI has to be taken with this into consideration. While ZenUI can never be everything to everyone - we read all your feedback on here - and collect them for passing back to our dev teams.

Hi,
Thanks alot for consedring & clarifying.
Double tap - Got it.
LED Customizations - Understood challenges , hoping for the possible n bloat free Customizations.
Audio wizard :
A) Inbuilt Speakers output to be enchanced on lower end to low mid frequency range  . ( I believe this could be fixed by internal tweaks as well i.e. without bloating)
B) For earphones/headphones Parametric EQ is desirable ( This is already there in LG G n V series phones)
C)
i)Audio wizard is not working at all with Amazon Music - NEED SOLUTION
ii)Audio wizard also not works with other music apps when Screen Recorder is On/ active. - NEED SOLUTION

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
I'll log the issue to the devs but as for C-ii , I am not sure this is a solution that needs fixing?
AudioWizard relates to audio output itself - but screen recorder captures the audio before that chain.

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS said:
I'll log the issue to the devs but as for C-ii , I am not sure this is a solution that needs fixing?
AudioWizard relates to audio output itself - but screen recorder captures the audio before that chain.
In that case please refer to the attached ref. Videos: both issues I mentioned i.e. issue
 C (i)  Audio wizard not working with Amazon Music . C(ii) Audio wizard stops working with other music apps when screen recorder is on.
Both issues occuring with my Asus 6z _6gb_64gb only. On the other hand both issues not occuring in another member Asus 6z_8gb_256gb version.
I need fix / resolution to both issues.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lovin2501 said:
CH_ASUS said:
In that case please refer to the attached ref. Videos: both issues I mentioned i.e. issue
 C (i)  Audio wizard not working with Amazon Music . C(ii) Audio wizard stops working with other music apps when screen recorder is on.
Both issues occuring with my Asus 6z _6gb_64gb only. On the other hand both issues not occuring in another member Asus 6z_8gb_256gb version.
I need fix / resolution to both issues.
As for C(ii)
As mentioned AudioWizard happens at a later stage - and screen recorder in "internal audio" picks the audio before that. As such you wont get any differences when playing music - and starting screen recorder - and then changing audio presets.

However, go into screen recorder settings (long press the quick start icon).
Find "Record Audio"
Change it from "internal audio" to "Microphone".
Now the screen recorder will pick up audio from the mic instead of internally (and yes it will pick up other ambient sounds).

Can't comment on what settings the other person has/had, but it is likely something like this. After viewing your "no issue" clip , I actually couldnt hear any change in audiowizard presets either. And reproducing it on my device yields the same results.

For C(i) ; I'll check back with RD and we'll try to reproduce the issue and see where that happens.