Phone RAM down from 16GB to 12GB after charging repairs

xerodoom
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3 16GB/512GB
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: since coming from repair
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): checked with cpuz for android
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
so after I got my phone back after almost 2 months and multiple visits and escalations at the service center, I finally got my phone back charging and they said that the only fix they made was update the firmware. took 2 months for them to figure it out. but then after coming home to fully test the phone since I did not have any apps on it due to factory resets multiple times. I noticed that the fingerprint was not allowing me to register any fingers and to check if it matches my motherboard was replaced, i downloaded cpuz for android and it showed me only 12GB of ram. mind you that this was 16GB before repairs and it shows in the box and in the RMA details as well. now it only shows 12GB in cpuz and in settings>about phone> hardware as well. can someone advise me? it has been frustrating trying to get this fixed as I was told by the service center that software was not part of warranty. do you guys expect us to make our own software if the one provided doesn't work?
6 REPLIES 6

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You clearly got duped.
At this point it's safe to assume with you requesting a new device would not be denyable. Tell them you had enough and want a replacement device.

xerodoom
Star III
nightmaster552

You clearly got duped.

At this point it's safe to assume with you requesting a new device would not be denyable. Tell them you had enough and want a replacement device.

View post
I did request multiple times via emails, calls, and actual letters. unfortunately their "Head Office" does not communicate directly with customers and never heard any response and only generic responses were provided by the hotline. I also wrote an actual letter twice. called and emailed Asus hotline multiple times. this is my first time buying an Asus phone and definitely will be my last as well. this is the first time a phone broke down on me by itself and also only after 3 months.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
xerodoom

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145945#Comment_145945

I did request multiple times via emails, calls, and actual letters. unfortunately their "Head Office" does not communicate directly with customers and never heard any response and only generic responses were provided by the hotline. I also wrote an actual letter twice. called and emailed Asus hotline multiple times. this is my first time buying an Asus phone and definitely will be my last as well. this is the first time a phone broke down on me by itself and also only after 3 months.

View post
If this issue doesnt get resolved I'd suggest start making the service center understand that this will have legal consequences. That usually makes them understand to get their asses going, as it's very clear what they did was quite illegal.

cnoberio
Star III
Sue them.. I settled for a 3.month warranty extension..