This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11: Issue accessing a folder

sumitkr11
Star III
Has anyone noticed that we can no longer access the Android/data folder using any file manager. Wherever I open the Android/Data folder it shows empty. Am I missing any setting or is it a new limitation set by Google or a bug in Asus?
I have also tried installing a different file manager but that still doesn't work.
Does anyone have any idea or a workaround to aceess the data folder?
4 REPLIES 4

_jis_
Zen Master III

Monark
Zen Master I
Built in file manager also showing the same thing initially i also had this doubt then i searched in google and found out it is a new limitation from Google side
screenshot-20210116-151022618.jpg

sumitkr11
Star III
It's really sad that we can no more aceess the Data folder with any file manager. Few of the apps have access limitation to only data folder and cannot aceess folders outside that. I don't think it's an ideal way to connect my phone to PC everytime I need copy files to that folder.
Thanks everyone for the help!😊

There's one thing I noticed.
If you need to only view the files inside Android/data use "Files" (by Marc apps and software) app. It still cannot do any changes to files inside Data folder.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Monark

Built in file manager also showing the same thing initially i also had this doubt then i searched in google and found out it is a new limitation from Google side

screenshot-20210116-151022618.jpg

View post
Use the app called "Files", not the app called "File Manager".