========================
Detailed description:
Hello, I have a TUF Model FA506IV
System build:
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Base Clock 2.9 Ghz, 8 Core(s), 16 threads
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: DDR4 8G
HDD: 512G PCIE G3 SSD
I just bought this gaming laptop in November 2020. I notice that this laptop has low frame rates (For the Hardware) when I play light games such as Overwatch or Fortnite. I am getting around 70 to 90 fps on optimized Windows settings & in-game optimization. I really hoped that I would get at least 150 fps for RTX 2060 & AMD Ryzen 7, I paid for. I have also called the Asus Support Number & they told me to just turn on Turbo mode in the Asus Armory Crate. It barely did anything. I also installed all of the updated drivers on my computer. I really don't know what to do now. I only bought this Gaming Laptop after looking at multiple positive reviews online. Is there any way I could improve the performance of my laptop?

6 REPLIES 6

There is a small note (In very small print) on the front sticker of my laptop that says, "Actual product features and specifications may vary. Check with retailer for details." I don't know why this note is here but it's really fishy. My new RTX 2060 & AMD Ryzen 7 gaming laptop is performing like an old GTX 1070 with an Intel Core i3. Asus really needs to fix this problem for its customers.

chetiwalg
Star III
0625kmuthukkumar
  1. System: ASUS TUF GAMING A15 FA506IV
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FA506IV-BR7N12
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Having Low FPS issues when Gaming
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, I have a TUF Model FA506IV

System build:

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Base Clock 2.9 Ghz, 8 Core(s), 16 threads

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM: DDR4 8G

HDD: 512G PCIE G3 SSD

I just bought this gaming laptop in November 2020. I notice that this laptop has low frame rates (For the Hardware) when I play light games such as Overwatch or Fortnite. I am getting around 70 to 90 fps on optimized Windows settings & in-game optimization. I really hoped that I would get at least 150 fps for RTX 2060 & AMD Ryzen 7, I paid for. I have also called the Asus Support Number & they told me to just turn on Turbo mode in the Asus Armory Crate. It barely did anything. I also installed all of the updated drivers on my computer. I really don't know what to do now. I only bought this Gaming Laptop after looking at multiple positive reviews online. Is there any way I could improve the performance of my laptop?

Poor FPS for Asus Tuf A15 - FA506IV
Lol, I have 1650 model, and I get 80-90 FPS in game. I have not played much though on this system.
Stats and Settings are here -
9dfetrz.png
k55vz1l.png
parhfcs.png

Overwatch Game on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). Bios and Drivers are latest. On Turbo Mode.
For CSGO I get average of 140 FPS with FPS reaching 200+. Played in high settings.
CSGO on SSD.
20210115185902-1.jpg

Havent played Fortnite.
Although I see what's causing the issue for you, fix is simple just add a 8 GB RAM of same spec as of stock ( for me it was CL 22, 3200 MHz Non ECC) probably might be same for you, can be checked using CPU-Z.
In my region it cost around 43 USD.

I had an avg FPS of 85 before adding the RAM in CSGO,