ROG Kunai 3 USB Mode random disconnect!

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .99
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: During Gaming with ROG Kunais 3
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Still testing but noticed while playing Rockman X Dive
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I paired my Kunai's with bluetooth and this doesn't seem to happen on bluetooth mode but while testing USB mode with the bumper on my ROG Phone 3. I noticed that randomly while playing Rockman X Dive my controller will disconnect (Green LED turns off and turns back on). When I first connected the controller the update firmware box appeared and I clicked update and it quickly disappeared not letting me know if everything went well. Then it asked for another update which I did and the same thing happened. SO not sure the firmware version or how to check.

I noticed after rebooting it didn't happen for a while but it did happen again. I checked the physical connection and it is really tight and secure. It just seemed to happen randomly.
48 REPLIES 48

alexting1006
Star I
Yes, I also have the same issue when using kunai 2 play Rockman x dive. The kunai 3 randomly disconnected and reconnect back which is annoying especially during PVP.

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Okay @Gustav_ASUS I have finally sent you a video with logs to hopefully fix this issue once and for all. I apologize for the delay but hopefully with this information and video of the issue it will show that this is an issue. You'll notice near the end of my provided video that the controller just disconnects in the middle of gameplay (RGB turns off and the green RGB light turns on to advise of a reconnect once the controller gets detected again (about 2 seconds to get reconnected).

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
alexting1006

Yes, I also have the same issue when using kunai 2 play Rockman x dive. The kunai 3 randomly disconnected and reconnect back which is annoying especially during PVP.

View post
Yes! I was experiencing the same thing as well. I provided a video and logs to ASUS with Rockman X Dive as an example. Hopefully we can enjoy error free gameplay

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
I get disconnects no matter what game I'm playing. Just putting my device on a table will cause the kunai 3 to disconnect. Also my BT hand-held mode barely works. And when it does work, only the left controller is working. The right controller has no response. (In usb mode, both controllers work, but get constant disconnects) I'm beginning to think I have a faulty kunai 3 and this is really bumming me out. It's not easy for me to take it to a service center since I live on an island. 🤷

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
There's two reasons why it disconnects...
The glitch where it disconnects during gameplay which is the issue I have reported and provided evidence for.
The other is if you leave your phone on and walk away for a few mins without touching any button on the ROG Kunai 3 it'll auto disconnect (USB Mode). But, I'm not sure if this is intended or not. If you want them to reconnect when this happens you need to press home... Wait. Then it'll fail the first time (As in it'll try to turn on and then turn itself off again). Press Home again and it'll then reconnect fine. [It never connects on the first try and that is really weird, so to do it faster I manually remove the left controller and reconnect as that's faster]