This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the firmware of ROG Phone? Which firmware version should I choose?

dcdobson2
Star I
Hi.. I've recently bought this device and it's still on the original years old firmware.
I'd like to know what steps specifically I need to do in order to get it on latest stable /good battery version please.
I know I can't just upgrade to latest firmware, I have to do it in stages yes, 1 update after another?
What firmware?
Where from?
How?
What software on Pc do I use?

I have :
2018 model
Android 8.1.0
Baseband
M3 15 35 15 1-jedi_000621
Kernel
Build number
Opm1. 171019. 026. ww_phone. 15 1616. 1808.23-0
Rom extension 1.1.12
European model.. 👍

Not rooted
Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dcdobson2
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. To check the compatibility between the firmware and the app version, please update your app to the latest version.
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you still prefer the system design of your previous Android version, you may downgrade the system by visiting our official website.
https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-model/helpdesk_bios/

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi dcdobson2

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. To check the compatibility between the firmware and the app version, please update your app to the latest version.

2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you still prefer the system design of your previous Android version, you may downgrade the system by visiting our official website.

https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-model/helpdesk_bios/

View post
@Christine_ASUS I hope you understand factory reset is not as easy as you suggest for every issue.
Even with the disclaimer, that's the last thing you should suggest anyone with an issue.
Instead you could just ask the user a simple question if they still see the issue after a reboot and updating all applications from the play Store. That's like the first step and not a factory reset.

mamsafras
Star I
Waste phone ever in my life and waste of money,
Only show up in the exterior and not recommended asus.

mamsafras
Star I
This is the waste ever phone in my life and waste of money.

Not recommended asus product.
Only show up in the exterior.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
mamsafras

This is the waste ever phone in my life and waste of money.

Not recommended asus product.

Only show up in the exterior.

View post
Exactly how I felt. I usually research a lot before buying a phone. Asus rog phone is the worst decision I ever made. I am glad I switched to s21 Ultra.