This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Australia (Vodafone) getting VoLTE support?

Jakeo
Star III
When will ASUS be adding VoLTE and WIFI Calling support for major Australian Telcos such as Vodafone/Telstra/Optus?
VoLTE is a standard feature of every other flagship phone of a similar price point. All major Australian Telcos support VoLTE and it's entirely up to ASUS to add support via firmware update.
Can you please provide an ETA to we Australians as to when we can expect such a basic feature to be added?
The 3G network is being switched off in Australia in the near future and the ROG Phone 3 will become unusable when this happens as it currently uses 3g for voice calls.
6 REPLIES 6

Jakeo
Star III
ASUS just contacted me to clarify their stance on Australian VOLTE/WIFI Calling.
From Asus email:
"Yes, VoLTE and Wifi Calling for Australian Telcos Telstra/Vodafone/Optus is being considered for future implementation, however there is no available available date or ETA at this moment when this will be possible. "

realistix
Rising Star I
That's inline with the ASUS comment so far. Will be considered for future phones. They've long since moved on from this phone, 6 months after release. Really haven't seen any issues on here fixed, via update, since i've owned the phone.