This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. Official support for Windows 10 20H2.

bohushvitali
Star I
System: UX581GV_19H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: frequent freezes
Reset OS: Yes. Roughly two time a month. No correlation with installed software found.
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Currently when accepting Feature update version 20H2 in windows update center it is not fully installed and rolls back to 19H2
Please provide estimated dates when this model will be shipped to customers with newest tested windows version.
The main reason for asking is frequent freezes on 19H2
I would like to sent it to RMA for the second time to get full reset with newest windows flashed as recovery image. When sending the first time (six month ago) RMA wasn't able to found any issues however freezes still occurring randomly on a system without any third party software installed.

Thanks in advance.
screenshot-2020-12-27-201812.png
screenshot-2021-01-11-123224.png

67 REPLIES 67

rickstr
Star I
I managed to get 20H2 to install (after numerous attempts and roll back at 48%) by adding a registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Sofware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade
It did not exist, but I added it as a New - DWORD(32bit) as AllowOSUpgrade

bohushvitali
Star I
Thank, will try this way to see if freezes will continue to occur on 20H2
For not would like to provide more details so someone from technician form ASUS could help me understand root cause and coordinate actions. Device is unusable at the moment.

bohushvitali
Star I
Does anyone experienced any freezes or glitches on the screenpad?
Some more recordings before and after RMA.
20200719-160452.jpg
20200728-222128.jpg

bohushvitali
Star I
screenshot-2021-01-14-204312.png
screenshot-2021-01-14-204751.png
Would appreciate for someone from ASUS technicians to give feedback on it to avoid useless round trip to RMA

bohushvitali
Star I
In this case laptop got frozen during video playback and sound fragment from a video continue buzzing until making hard reboot.