This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Noticed Difference in focus between pro mode & Auto mode for Close shots,Need adjustmensts.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL
Firmware Version:100.10.107.110 (Android 10)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera app (pro mode) Version [5.0.71.0_200117]
New bug found in .110 in 5z
Manual focus is not adjusted properly via software in pro mode so it is hard to get clear macro shots check screen recorded video below,👇 there is difference between focus in pro mode & Auto mode👇👇

Always have to tap (Auto) to focus clearly for close shots as shown in video
Tried every possible way clearing cache,storage,reset to default settings & safe mode problem exists everywhere also i have 2 5z's and both have same problem so i can confirm it is a bug & i hope this bug will be fixed in coming FOTA
There is no problem with Autofocus🙂 @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

ranesanket90
Star I
Yes im doing research found about ADB sideload.

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
The wide angle camera in 5z is fixed focus. Only main camera supports auto focus. Wide angle and selfie cameras are fixed focus cameras and have no focussing ability whatsoever. Other applications like GCam give you the illusion of focussing on their UI as they are not built for this device but in reality for wide angle and selfie cameras the focus can never be changed its a hardware limitation. So only for main camera there maybe the software focus issue now.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

The wide angle camera in 5z is fixed focus. Only main camera supports auto focus. Wide angle and selfie cameras are fixed focus cameras and have no focussing ability whatsoever. Other applications like GCam give you the illusion of focussing on their UI as they are not built for this device but in reality for wide angle and selfie cameras the focus can never be changed its a hardware limitation. So only for main camera there maybe the software focus issue now.

View post
According to @ranesanket90 his wide angle camera is not even at fixed focus and its all blur so i think he should follow above suggested steps to see if atleast camera gets fixed focus rather than blur coz If Gcam can show you scene clearly with fixed focus on app start than i think default camera app also should be able to show you atleast a clear view with fixed focus whenever turned ON.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear Customer
After checking, the rear cameras, wide-angled camera and tele camera, of ZS620KL have the focal length of 10cm+, which is set for the range of the manual focus in Pro Mode. Thank you.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Dear Customer

After checking, the rear cameras, wide-angled camera and tele camera, of ZS620KL have the focal length of 10cm+, which is set for the range of the manual focus in Pro Mode. Thank you.

View post
Ohh.... I C thanksalot for quicker update, i request some camera tunning would be done with next FOTA with color,contrasts,saturation etc 5z has really capable sony sensor for day as well as night photography would be much appreciated if 5z gets dedicated night mode 😁
Thankyou!