Star III
System: Win 10 20H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF A15 FA506ii
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Hello. I purchased this laptop few days ago (r5 4600h, 1650Ti 4GB, 8GB ram, SSD). I noticed that when playing CSGO my fps is around 70-120 (Ofic. MM, faceit, training with bots). I tried various FPS boost commands, setting the priority to high, uninstalling the game, even tried to disable/enable the services in msconfig, but nothing helped. I know that this laptop can do much more as I was getting about 200 fps on my 5 years old n551vw laptop (i5, 960m, 12gb ram). I've even updated the bios to 314 but it didn't help. The game is installed on the SSD. What do you think might be the source of the problem?
I was thinking that it might be the RAM (8GB CL22) but I'm not sure. I know that CSGO is a game that uses more CPU than GPU but I didn't think it would be a problem for the R5. Regarding the RAM, is it possible to get rid of the original 8GB ram and replace it with a single 16GB faster CL16 unit? I think I saw somewhere on the internet that the RAM is soldered and can not be replaced.

Thank you, hope you understand as my english isn't the best. Patrick.
32 REPLIES 32

fAk3svk
Star III
Hi, msi afterburner is working now, I had to turn on third part apps in steam.
csgoinferno.jpg
csgoinfernofullhd.jpg
scale 4:3, resolution 1024x768 everything lowest possible
scale 16:9, resolution 1920x1020 everything lowest possible
Thing is that CSGO is more CPU hungry than GPU hungry, maybe it just needs more cpu power.
There was a guy on reddit who tested the A15 range and he said that CPU and GPU usage is limited to 100W of TDP combined. If this is true then we will never be able to use the full potential.
Blake_Asus care to coment? Thanks.

fAk3svk
Star III
Managed to get it working.
csgoinferno.jpg
csgoinfernofullhd.jpg
1024x 768
1920x1080
My old n551vw was better than this, omg. Someone on reddit did a full test of the A15 range and said that the cpu and gpu usage is limited to 100W of TDP combined. We will never get the full potential. Oh ....

anhquangno1
Star I
I see that your gpu was only used at 40%. The same thing happened with my fa706ii not only a15 series. If what he said is true, this might be the biggest scam for me. But one of my friends do not have this problem at all. The model he using is fa15 with ryzen7 4800h plus 16gb dual chanel ram. The laptop is working surprisingly stable with 98% gpu used in games such as red dead redemption 2, gtav, farcry4, he does not play cs go like us so i could not tell you how his gpu looks like in cs go. Does that give you any hope?

anhquangno1
Star I
Have you tried any other games? Did it have any lag?

fAk3svk
Star III
Yes I tried Far Cry 4, full hd, everything on ultra, around 45fps 👍 I'll get back to you once I install the new ram