This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX534FTC does USB-C output video??

ZT-860e098d
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:HI - i have a 534FTC which would appear to not support video out on usb-c, but it does support an ASUS MB16ACE mobile monitor in HD and powers it too?
is this something special about the MB16 or should the usb-c output give video for other monitors too.
I've had numerous ASUS kit for years now and this just seems very un-them.
As the laptop came with the mobiel monitor i never even thgouht to ask whether it would work with other montiors too....
I know its got HDMI but I'd like to run two 27 QHD monitors for CAD just like my previous (ancient) HP Zbook used to....
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
The MB16 should be working with UX534FTC.
Is there any issue with it?
Thank you.

ZT-860e098d
Star I
thanks for replying - the MB16ACE works perfectly - i can't get any other monitors to recognise the usb-c alt output when connected via an adaptor (usb-c to DP) or via a usb-c to DP cable.

ASUS have confirmed that my UX534FTC has Alt mode on usb-c even though, neither the case graphic nor the generic instructinos show a "D" on the usb-c slot.

arrrgh!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Your laptop has screenpad, right? if so, the USB C does not support display export.
However, the MB16 is working as an external graphic card that allows it to be used.
Thank you.

ZT-860e098d
Star I
thanks - that's the opposite of what 'support' have told me.
and you are the only person that knows!
why can't they say that on the tech spec so 'we' know before we buy (not everyone knows the diference between usb-c and usb-c).