This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[.438 beta 5] Fix your s**t software

Anonymous
Not applicable
After upgrading to beta 5 .438 version from stable pie .087 the device is not certified and many DRM content protected application becomes unavailable.
screenshot-20210114-101023.png
screenshot-20210114-100833.png

16 REPLIES 16

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi drshtmstry
As your previous thread, both of your CTS and Google Play Store certification are fail, leading to contradict the apps involving security authorization such as Netflix.
As I mentioned before, my device doesn't have the same issue after upgraded from Android 9 to V438 (To test other issues, I had switched my device between Android 9 and Android 10beta for more than 5 times yet I have never faced a certification issue), please downgrade your device to Android 9 and upgrade again, then wait one week for system synchronization. (Remember to backup the data first.)
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42564/
Please avoid any overlapping thread or message, which may disturb the mods and the users to solve the issue. 

Besides,
1. Have you ever repaired your device or change your motherboard before? If so, please provide me your ASUS RMA no. for further checking.
2. Have you ever flashed custom rom/flashed wrong firmware/rooted/unlocked your device before?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Christine_ASUS

Hi drshtmstry

As your previous thread, both of your CTS and Google Play Store certification are fail, leading to contradict the apps involving security authorization such as Netflix.

As I mentioned before, my device doesn't have the same issue after upgraded from Android 9 to V438 (To test other issues, I had switched my device between Android 9 and Android 10beta for more than 5 times yet I have never faced a certification issue), please downgrade your device to Android 9 and upgrade again, then wait one week for system synchronization. (Remember to backup the data first.)

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42564/

Please avoid any overlapping thread or message, which may disturb the mods and the users to solve the issue. 

Besides,

1. Have you ever repaired your device or change your motherboard before? If so, please provide me your ASUS RMA no. for further checking.

2. Have you ever flashed custom rom/flashed wrong firmware/rooted/unlocked your device before?

View post
1. I have never repaired or opened my phone in neither service center nor outside. Never changed motherboard.
2. I haven't unlocked bootloader. Or used custom rom for that matter.
3. I have tried downgrade & upgrade 2 times since the firmware was launched. But even after waiting for 1 week, it still shows uncertified. And this is not only me, others on the forum are also reporting same thing.
According to google search, if the update is not signed and verified by Google, then CTS profile don't match & device fails SafetyNet test.
This is common for custom ROM because they are not approved by Google. But this is an unexpected behaviour for stock ROM provided by company.
Please get your builds approved by Google before releasing them publically.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Thank you for your reply. Please check your inbox and provide me your SN and IMEI for further checking.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Christine_ASUS

Thank you for your reply. Please check your inbox and provide me your SN and IMEI for further checking.

View post
Sent in message.