This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some applications are low resolution / blurry on Zenbook 14 Q407IQ

gorgbozze32
Star I
I got a zenbook on the 6th of january, and i've been liking it thus far. However there's an issue that i've been trying to solve ever since. When launching various applications and games like roblox, the resolution is very low, & blurred. I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this, i've updated drivers to latest, installed new bios, updated windows 10, and even do a fresh reset of windows 10. Turns out upon fresh install of windows, the issue is there from the start.
It doesn't seem like any other people have encountered this issue on the internet, any advice? I'd highly appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello gorgbozze32,
If you enter "Advanced scaling settings" in the display setting, and turn on "Fix scaling for Apps".
does it help?
And is your chrome updated as well?
Thank you.

Vamp
Zen Master I
gorgbozze32

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146595#Comment_146595

image.png

This is an example of the blur issue. These shortcut icons in google chrome are affected by it, they would be looking more sharp at regular.

image.png

However for the most part chrome isn't 100% affected, and pages i go don't seem affected.

View post
These are quick link icons and there logo are dependent on the temp file created on the first time visiting the site. If you had unstable or weak internet connection these logo were stored in lower resolution.
You can always try reinstalling chrome as it will remove the existing data if you opt to clear the browsing data and re-visit the site after reinstalling on a more faster internet connection.

gorgbozze32
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello gorgbozze32,

If you enter "Advanced scaling settings" in the display setting, and turn on "Fix scaling for Apps".

does it help?

And is your chrome updated as well?

Thank you.

View post
I've had that option turned on already, so no effect.