Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friends
If ROG3 Widevine L3 issue remains the same after next FOTA update, please let me know. Thank you.

MV
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Dear friends

If ROG3 Widevine L3 issue remains the same after next FOTA update, please let me know. Thank you.

View post
Are we(who are downgraded) getting an upgrade in drm via OTA?

illixir
Star III
Christine_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145714#Comment_145714

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145969#Comment_145969

Hi Swadesh

2020/12/28 (Mon.) > I had first contacted you for information collecting. After you replied, I mentioned to you that please wait till the local team contact with you.

2021/01/02 (Sat.) > You told me that you had visited the repair center, before the local office contacted you, and the repair center did not know how to fix. However, the local office was closed for Christmas and New Year holiday and the repair center hadn't gotten the fixing tool from our side on 2nd January.

2021/01/04 (Mon.) > I immediately apologized to you for further explanation as soon as I entered the office on Monday morning and informed the local office synced the case/solution with the repair center.

2021/01/05 (Tue.) - 2021/01/06 (Wed.) > The repair center told us that the device showed the error message while performing our repair guide, which we have never encountered before while repair other device, and helped us to collect the related backstage data.

2021/01/08 (Fri.) > The case had been investigating by the tech team and provided an new repair tool on Friday.

2021/01/11 (Mon.) > The repair center reported that your device still showed error message while tested with the new tool on the weekends. And the tech team checked on the data this morning once they entered the office, and guided the repair center to replace the motherboard for further testing. I will provide you your repair update via PM once I receive any related information.

I am sorry if I had caused any misunderstanding during the communication. Please note that our tech team/office only work on weekday while some repair centers remain open on weekends and holiday. If you think there is room for improvement of the process, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Besides, another user and I already replied on the thread on 8th/9th January that ASUS are currently working on the potential fix via software or firmware update. Thank you.

View post
@MV atleast that's what it says here

jaycaminero
Star II
my phone says no new update yet. hope to get it soon.

Swadesh
Star III
Update: Day 9 since I left my phone at service center to get Widevine issue fixed.
My phone is now being sent to ASUS HQ from service center. The service center followed instructions from ASUS and tried to flash certificate on it, twice with different failed methods. They then changed hardware component. According to service center representative, "motherboard" was changed, but problem persisted. I don't want my CPU to be changed because I got silicon lottery and it excelled all phones in benchmark, even outperformed other ROG 3's by huge margin. But, I guess I have no say in it.
So, local service center (which is third party service, not owned by Asus, but contracted by them) followed instructions from ASUS, and it didn't work, or they couldn't get it work because they were incompetent, can't say. Whatever was the case, they're now finally sending it to ASUS HQ.
Now, it will take another 10-12 working days to get my phone fixed and sent back to my local service center from HQ. Which means at least 15 more days on top of 9 days already spent on troubleshoot and experiments on the device.
If anyone else has this issue. Don't send your phone to the service center. Wait for OTA update to get it fixed. Unless you want to go without your phone for a month. I made a mistake and thought it will take is a day to a week at most. Don't make same mistake, service center of Asus is not great, request them to send your phone to ASUS HQ instead.