cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing my phone as Strix edition on website

ZT-bf2dde0c
Star I
screenshot-20210107-184726345.jpg
My Device is not supposed to be Strix edition. Mine is Indian version from Flipkart with SD 865+ . But in registering the product on website it shows as ROG phone 3 Strix edition..
That's not good .. please Indian users reply ur condition..
9 REPLIES 9

Aryan202
Community Legend I
nithin.cena007@gmail.com

screenshot-20210107-184726345.jpg

My Device is not supposed to be Strix edition. Mine is Indian version from Flipkart with SD 865+ . But in registering the product on website it shows as ROG phone 3 Strix edition..

That's not good .. please Indian users reply ur condition..

Showing my phone as Strix edition on website
There are 4 Rog models in total sold in different markets
Tencent version for china,global version for almost all markets,Strix variant which uses an vanilla 865 and costs less than the global model (865+)
India has a sort of special variant I'd say it costs much less than the global pricing of Rog 3 (even the strix variant) but still has 865+ and the other specs are same too.
The only difference between a strix and global variant is 865 on strix and 865+ on global even if the Indian variant is identified as an 865+ what's the issue? It's the same phone but with 865+ in India and lesser pricing

botboy444
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43333/showing-my-phone-as-strix-edition-on-website

There are 4 Rog models in total sold in different markets

Tencent version for china,global version for almost all markets,Strix variant which uses an vanilla 865 and costs less than the global model (865+)

India has a sort of special variant I'd say it costs much less than the global pricing of Rog 3 (even the strix variant) but still has 865+ and the other specs are same too.

The only difference between a strix and global variant is 865 on strix and 865+ on global even if the Indian variant is identified as an 865+ what's the issue? It's the same phone but with 865+ in India and lesser pricing

View post
the 865 and the 865+ are two totally different things

the 865+ is an overclocked 865, they're not the same

it sounds like you've been duped by the seller 😞

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
how many gb ram and rom? looking at the current posting, flipkart posted wrongly as the 8gb variant only has 865 only.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146872#Comment_146872

the 865 and the 865+ are two totally different things

the 865+ is an overclocked 865, they're not the same

it sounds like you've been duped by the seller 😞

View post
Yes I know both are different socs 865+ is an slightly overclocked version of 865
What I meant to say is India has 865+ Rog 3 model which costs way less than the strix in global market (strix has 865)
And Asus has paired with flipkart (an e-commerce site here) to exclusively sell Asus phones (both Zenfone and Rog) you can't get an Rog here officially leaving flipkart
And Asus officially said india has the global variant slightly modified with an 865+ at lower prices (cos the market here is really competitive at this price range)