This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(MaxProM1)(v432) Hotspot Usage not always counted in Data Usage

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
The amount of data used via hotspot is not reflected at all sometimes in the data usage section.
Turning mobile data off and on while still hotspot is on starts the session and is reflected in data usage.
image.png
eg: 1gb data was sent via hotspot but only 37mb is shown that too after turning mobile data on and off.
@Christine_ASUS Have you encountered the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anandu
I will test the case once more. Also, how often do you notice the issue?

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi Anandu

I will test the case once more. Also, how often do you notice the issue?

View post
Almost always. Just tried 3 to 4 times via hotspot and usb tethering and used 300MB but hotspot and tethering only shows 1.5MB . Even switched on/off mobile data after turning on hotspot, still didn't work correctly. In previous beta builds couldn't remember which ones ,but there wasn't this issue.
Even the net speed indicator that i use (nisarg javeri developer) used to show upload / download speed and total data usage correctly for the hotspot.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Let me check with relevant team and further reply. Thanks!

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Let me check with relevant team and further reply. Thanks!

View post
Yes✌️
Today used hotspot for laptop in multiple sessions with total of 1GB.
One of the sessions has been reflected correctly and is showing 157MB
screenshot-20201203-000026-7e2.png

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi RadeonPS
After checking, for the users who have concern about the Mobile Data Usage counting while using USB Tethering, please refer to your linking PC for data counting or downgrade your device to Android 9.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you.
#ZB602KL Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro(M1)(ZB602KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
#Android 10 to Android 9 Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042349