This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 - software updates

immersum
Star II
As a user coming from an iPhone, never having owned an Asus device, one of my concerns is the software longevity. Can anyone tell me what updates in terms of new Android versions as well as security patches can I expect from Zenfone 7? I can see the device natively comes with Android 10 while Android 11 is becoming increasingly widespread. Will it get 12? 13 maybe? When will software support end?
15 REPLIES 15

misa_zalesak
Star I
Don't buy ASUS, stay with Iphone or buy Samsung. ASUS does not listen to its customers, the phone may have good hardware, but the software is bad, out of tune. If you want to talk to the phone, buy Samsung. They have a wide portfolio and you will definitely choose. You set up the phone to your liking, at ASUS it's about compromise and not many things can be set up the way you want.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
misa.zalesak

Don't buy ASUS, stay with Iphone or buy Samsung. ASUS does not listen to its customers, the phone may have good hardware, but the software is bad, out of tune. If you want to talk to the phone, buy Samsung. They have a wide portfolio and you will definitely choose. You set up the phone to your liking, at ASUS it's about compromise and not many things can be set up the way you want.

View post
Nah Asus's zen ui 7 is much better than Samsung's one ui

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
misa.zalesak

View post
Well I'm listening 😉

immersum
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146720#Comment_146720

Well I'm listening 😉

View post
Ok, I'm asking then ;): will Asus commit to 3 os versions for this model or Android 12 will be its last iteration?

ruggferenc
Star I
Tagion

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145801#Comment_145801

The only drawback is the weight and size of this phone in my opinion

View post
Same here, I only have the 7 pro for a few days. But would like to keep it.
The phone itself is really fast, the UI is clean like stock android, with a few useful features added.
Any news about the 11 release? Will the AOD get app icons by any chance?