This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6 review

jumpman1302
Star I

You know what grinds my gears on these reviews?

When they mention negatives and don’t show them. In the video, they mention the vibration motor, how about film getting a notification then so we can see/hear what you’re talking about. The dim display, especially in sunlight. How about show us some shots of the display in use in sunlight?

This phone is top of my list but I am worried about the “dim” display in sunlight thing, and no one has shown the bloody thing in use in daylight. I’d like some visuals to at least give me an idea.

2 REPLIES 2

_jis_
Zen Master III
I have no problem with display in sunlight when check notifications, modify settings, calling, etc.
It is much better than my previous phones Samsung Galaxy Note 2 > Motorola Moto G LTE > LG G Flex 2 > Nexus 5X > Xiaomi Mi A1.
But it is not suitable for long-term and precise work in the sun. But the same is true for any IPS or OLED display. You need trans-reflective display for such a scenario.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

You know what grinds my gears on these reviews?

When they mention negatives and don’t show them. In the video, they mention the vibration motor, how about film getting a notification then so we can see/hear what you’re talking about. The dim display, especially in sunlight. How about show us some shots of the display in use in sunlight?

This phone is top of my list but I am worried about the “dim” display in sunlight thing, and no one has shown the bloody thing in use in daylight. I’d like some visuals to at least give me an idea.

Display brightness doesnt necessarily capture well on camera - esp across different panel technologies.
However, do you have any reference points to any other device - and we can try to find some comparisons.