This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some applications are low resolution / blurry on Zenbook 14 Q407IQ

gorgbozze32
Star I
I got a zenbook on the 6th of january, and i've been liking it thus far. However there's an issue that i've been trying to solve ever since. When launching various applications and games like roblox, the resolution is very low, & blurred. I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this, i've updated drivers to latest, installed new bios, updated windows 10, and even do a fresh reset of windows 10. Turns out upon fresh install of windows, the issue is there from the start.
It doesn't seem like any other people have encountered this issue on the internet, any advice? I'd highly appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello gorgbozze32,
May I have some screenshot of the issue?
And how is your Display setting? May I have a screenshot of that as well?
Thank you so much.

Vamp
Zen Master I
gorgbozze32

I got a zenbook on the 6th of january, and i've been liking it thus far. However there's an issue that i've been trying to solve ever since. When launching various applications and games like roblox, the resolution is very low, & blurred. I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this, i've updated drivers to latest, installed new bios, updated windows 10, and even do a fresh reset of windows 10. Turns out upon fresh install of windows, the issue is there from the start.

It doesn't seem like any other people have encountered this issue on the internet, any advice? I'd highly appreciate it.

Some applications are low resolution / blurry on Zenbook 14 Q407IQ
It's due to scaling... Reduce the display scale from 150% (default) to 100% and reset the clear text.

gorgbozze32
Star I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43125/some-applications-are-low-resolution-blurry-on-zenbook-...

It's due to scaling... Reduce the display scale from 150% (default) to 100% and reset the clear text.

View post
If i reduce the display scale from 150 to 100 everything looks small, however i've never heard of resetting the clear text. Where can i locate this?

gorgbozze32
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello gorgbozze32,

May I have some screenshot of the issue?

And how is your Display setting? May I have a screenshot of that as well?

Thank you so much.

View post
image.png
This is an example of the blur issue. These shortcut icons in google chrome are affected by it, they would be looking more sharp at regular.
image.png
However for the most part chrome isn't 100% affected, and pages i go don't seem affected.