Spontaneous Shut Down

System: Windows
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: VivoBook: X512JF-BR010T
Frequency of occurrence: Once
Reset OS: ...
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:I was watching a video on my laptop, and it just turned off, and turned on again by itself, while the logo was on the screen a message appeared below saying that the C: Disk was being checked, all this with the fan being a little loud. i dont know if this normal, i need help to know if this could be a big problem so i take the laptop to be checked.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
carlos_romero_28_11
  1. System: Windows
  2. Battery or AC: Battery

Model: VivoBook: X512JF-BR010T

1. Frequency of occurrence: Once
  2. Reset OS: ...
  3. Screenshot or video: No

========================

Detailed description:I was watching a video on my laptop, and it just turned off, and turned on again by itself, while the logo was on the screen a message appeared below saying that the C: Disk was being checked, all this with the fan being a little loud. i dont know if this normal, i need help to know if this could be a big problem so i take the laptop to be checked.

Spontaneous Shut Down
If C partition is on HDD means, then its normal to hear sound while checking C drive.
automatic shutdown is not normal.
are you watching video by offline mode? or through Browser with internet connection?.
we have to battery condition, many applications are running background without your knowledge , using battery power.
once the battery reached critical level, laptop goes to shutdown.
if possible record video using smartphone, upload video here

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43177/spontaneous-shut-down

If C partition is on HDD means, then its normal to hear sound while checking C drive.

automatic shutdown is not normal.

are you watching video by offline mode? or through Browser with internet connection?.

we have to battery condition, many applications are running background without your knowledge , using battery power.

once the battery reached critical level, laptop goes to shutdown.

if possible record video using smartphone, upload video here

View post
I was watching a video online, on facebook, a live video, and suddenly, it just turned off. it just happened once, but i will try to record and upload it so you all have a claer view of the issue.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Carlos,
May you run the diagnostic tool in MyASUS? and share the result with me?
Thank you.