cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Connect to TV

h3llh0und
Star I
Hi,
my screen is black and i want to save my data before i send the phone to Asus. Now i want to connect the Phone via a USB C to HDMI Cable to my TV. (I also used a USB C OTG Hub with HDMI Port)
I only get a Republic of Games Logo if i press the On/Off Button. If i connect my Huawei P30 i see my Lock Screen and i can Unlock my phone.
I used both USB C Ports, on bottom Port i dont see anything and with the side Port i see the Logo.
Anyone have a solution?
Thanks 🙂
14 REPLIES 14

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
h3llh0und

@nightmaster552 as my screen is only black I don't see anything 😔 but the fon is running as the led shows me emails and the alarm is ringing every morning.

View post
Have you tried to hold the powerbutton down for 1 minute then start the phone again? Sounds like pixelworks software crashed which would cause a black screen.

h3llh0und
Star I
No it's broken. My daughter dropt it. First screen was white and now it's only black. Now I want to send it to asus but I want to save my data first. I can't connect it to pc as I didn't enable data transfer 😭
So I want to connect it to the TV to do some stuff.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Did you enable developer mode on the phone?

h3llh0und
Star I
Nope that is one thing I wanted to do.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
h3llh0und

Nope that is one thing I wanted to do.

View post
Honestly I don't think it's important anyways. You'll have to pay for the screen repair so they won't swap out your device. They will simply replace the screen, there is literally 0 reasons as to why your device should be reset in any way shape or form.