This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved - Intentional design] Serious Flip Camera Issue

GamerArc
Rising Star II

Everytime I am locking or unlocking the phone, there is a small jitter in the flip camera. Even when the screen turns off after 30 seconds time automatically, the same camera jitters...

The sound is pretty clear. By keeping hand on the camera module i can feel the movement of the parts.

Has anyone noticed this??? Why is locking/unlocking the phone triggering this... I have no passowrd or pattern .. just the simple swipe to unlock.
12 REPLIES 12

GamerArc
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS said:
What firmware version are you running? You can check by going to "Settings" > "System" > "About phone" > "Software information". If not current, update to the latest FW here https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/.

Are there any 3rd party apps that have access to the camera you've installed recently? Or are you running a stock setup? Did this issue occur out of the box or start recently?
No third party apps have access to camera. Phone is almost stock with very few apps. I cantc say exactly if that was happening out of the box since i did not pay close attention to it. 

Anyways..is this normal behaviour as others are saying or is something off??

I am runnjng wordwide 174 right now.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS said:
What firmware version are you running? You can check by going to "Settings" > "System" > "About phone" > "Software information". If not current, update to the latest FW here https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/.

Are there any 3rd party apps that have access to the camera you've installed recently? Or are you running a stock setup? Did this issue occur out of the box or start recently?
No third party apps have access to camera. Phone is almost stock with very few apps. I cantc say exactly if that was happening out of the box since i did not pay close attention to it. 

Anyways..is this normal behaviour as others are saying or is something off??

I am runnjng wordwide 174 right now.
I have it, my friend also has that 'clicky' sound. It doesn't bother us much though.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Asus really went with a very complicated design.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Asus really went with a very complicated design.
Well, yeah but without these small self-retractions that camera module would be significantly more annoying

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
My bad guys, I've been using the phone for a week and never noticed the self retract. I misunderstood the word jitters.  Now that I'm aware of it I'll probably hear it every time I unlock it, thanks for that. 😉 As others have pointed out, this is normal behavior.