Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Text messages not arriving on Zenfone 6

Metheldaen
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 ZS630KL ASUS_I01WD
Firmware Version: The only information I can find is in Software information -> Kernel version 4.14.117-perf+
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: I think the Highest chance of occurring is when the device is connected to power.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
On my Zenfone 6 sometimes sms text messages will stop arriving. Usually the feature works fine. I made tests using feature of a web service which sends message to phone number and at these times when it breaks the messages will not appear so I am certain such issue exist. To fix it, resetting device does not always work. The last rime I had to turn airplane mode on for couple of minutes, restart device, turn airplane mode on and off again and after that messaging started to work again. Sending messages works fine at all times it seems. I am using non default messaging program. YAATA currently, QKSMS and Simple SMS Messenger previously and on all of them the issue was appearing.
8 REPLIES 8

Metheldaen
Star I
I noticed that I have disabled Google Messages app. Should I reenable it and change settings in it?

_jis_
Zen Master III
Sure.
In any case, you should not disable the default Messages app. Where did you get that idea? In the system, you can choose which app to use for messages, and that alone is enough.
If you disable the stock messaging app you will have issues receiving texts...

futoransky33
Star I
I have a problem with my texts sending as well as receiving.
I live in a basement with dead spots but even when I move upstairs to a completely different area they still don't send.
I have tried resetting my phone as well but it still happens. My Sim is working and in service but for some reason only half of my texts send to certain people. I don't have anyone on a blocked list either.
Can someone please help.

_jis_
Zen Master III
futoransky33

I have a problem with my texts sending as well as receiving.

I live in a basement with dead spots but even when I move upstairs to a completely different area they still don't send.

I have tried resetting my phone as well but it still happens. My Sim is working and in service but for some reason only half of my texts send to certain people. I don't have anyone on a blocked list either.

Can someone please help.

View post
What is your country and service provider?
What app are you using?
Do you have enabled chat features?
How is your phone connected to the mobile network most of the time? 2G, 3G, LTE?