This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5 ZE620KL - Bricked -> No USB-debugging, No recovery, No ROM, No unlocked bootloader, No ADB

qotsa73
Star I
Hi,
I don’t know how I got into this mess. Here is the situation:
All I have access to is “fastboot mode”. I can see serial number from powershell when I use command “fastboot devices”.
I do not have access to:
Recovery (stock or custom)
ADB
Developer options or any OS (to enable USB-debugging, it is disabled)
An unlocked bootloader. (tried to unlock it but failed, I guess it requires the unlocking app or adb access (which requires enabled USB-debugging)
When I try to boot recovery.img or anything else with fastboot commands on powershell, it fails.
I can provide you with any further information if needed. Can someone help me out? I just want my phone back, I promise I won’t mess with it again😅
Thanks in advance...
0263c11e-ad44-48bd-ac40-4b3672602c09.jpeg

19 REPLIES 19

joshot_ws
Star I
Same problems =口=
Could you help me?
E-mail: joswk.ws@gmail.com

Ömer_Faruk
Star I
Selamun Aleykum , sorry for my bad english. For Zenfone 5 that stays in fastboot mode and won't turn on, you should try it. I have the same problem solved. Have a nice day. Link: https://solusizenfone52018.blogspot.com/2020/06/solusi-zenfone-5-ze620kl-stuck-di.html?m=1

isaacbala2004
Star I
Rickkk

Which firmware version were you using?

If you send me your email address I can send you those signed images.

Or I can explain how to get them, but it takes a little time if you've never done it before.

View post
Hey, I'm stuck in the same situation as @qotsa73 and I am in desperate need of those signed boot and recovery files and how to get them. Please help me out thanks!

MegyK
Star I
Hello, my Zenfone 5Z got bricked after an official update via OTA to android 10, since then I've never been able to power it on, access to fastboot or even connect it to laptop.
Since it's not on warranty anymore I've opened it and tried to disconnect the battery (that worked to my old Zenfone 2, before it died for no reason) and I've also checked the power button coz it was hard sometimes, but it seems to be ok.
When i plug the USB to the charger it still get all warm, so I assume there's power, but still no life..nothing show on the display
Any idea on how to unbrick it?
Will an EDL USB cable work?

EDIT:
I managed how to go into EDL and now my laptop sees it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 (COM3)" but i cannot do anything else.