This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera takes long time

onesach
Star I
After use of 1 month this phones camera works slow portrait mode woks slow one single picture takes 4sec to process which is very slow 48mpx also do same, if we compare with one+, image process time is too slow of 6z
Did all clear catche s wipe data but no use.
This problem related to core software asus need to work very hard on their software part to sortout such issues, phone packed with huge powerful hardware units but lack in os, like Samsung one UI, Huaweis EMUI and one+ oxygen os, asus shd work on os part Or els they wil soon loose again in Mobile market

14 REPLIES 14

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright. I'm using the stock camera app and I'm storing my photos on internal storage. When I click the shutter button it processes for a second and then takes a shot. When I'm in a car, or clicking moving subjects, that often makes me miss the moment. I've been refraining for using the 48 MP mode for 2 reasons. One is that it takes so long to click, the other that it completely looses dynamic range post processing in even the slightest 9f challenging light conditions (like indoor with artificial light). Let's hope these problems are fixed

onesach
Star I
Im also running stock camera app with latest update, not using any sd card and no other  apps installed for camera.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Normal photo speed is similar to most other phones. There can be a couple of milliseconds difference depending on which phone you compare with. 
In portrait mode, we do processing with data from both cameras to do real depth sensing (not just software) and this takes more time. All of this processing is of course to give you the best picture possible. Portrait mode is not meant to capture action so if it is important to capture the right moment, then please use the normal photo mode. 
With that said, I will still ask our developers to see if they can find a way to decrease the processing time. 

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Normal photo speed is similar to most other phones. There can be a couple of milliseconds difference depending on which phone you compare with. 
In portrait mode, we do processing with data from both cameras to do real depth sensing (not just software) and this takes more time. All of this processing is of course to give you the best picture possible. Portrait mode is not meant to capture action so if it is important to capture the right moment, then please use the normal photo mode. 
With that said, I will still ask our developers to see if they can find a way to decrease the processing time. 
Portrait mode is no issue at all. It's beautiful with great edge detection. I think 48MP mode is too slow

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
48mp will never be as fast as normal 12mp Photo mode. The speed of all modes might improve in future updates but you should always use Photo mode when you need to take a fast photo