This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenboook Pro Duo HDMI Out not working after ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.2.33.20 driver

CasperF
Star II
System: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV / Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Windows update proposed me to install 2.2.33.20 and I did along with a few more Asus updates. However, my HDMI out won't work anymore.
The strangest thing happens: The Windows display configuration interface in fact recognizes the external screen as my third screen (with both screens enabled on the laptop) but sends no recognizable signal to any HDMI device I use. Neither over the HDMI out directly or the USB-C port. Looking at my Nvidia Control Panel PhysX menu I can actually see that it is somehow bugged because only the HDMI out is recognized and my other devices disappear, however that is not what is happening on the laptop itself, the laptop itself only uses the laptop screens.

I have already reverted to Asus drivers for Nvidia and that did not help anything. Reverting the ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.2.33.20 to either 2.2.18.0 or 2.2.33.0 doesn't work because the installer says the latest version is installed and then quits. If anyone knows a way to downgrade the system, do please let me know.

To be clear: both the HDMI out and the USB-C port are not working and show the same behaviour. It seems to be bugged because of the update so I hope for a fix soon, but I need a rollback possibilty at the moment.

Anyone any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

CasperF
Star II
There seems to be a comparable problem in this thread but it seemed magic to himself how he fixed it:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41170/after-asustek-computer-inc-system-2-2-33-0-update-displ...

Liviu
Rising Star II
I get for almost 4 months the please reboot to finish setting your device every time I start the laptop due to this driver and I was ignored by the dev team. I still get it to this day and I've refreshed Windows and so on. Glad to see that other people has issue with it and maybe we get a fix.

Liviu
Rising Star II
CasperF

There seems to be a comparable problem in this thread but it seemed magic to himself how he fixed it:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41170/after-asustek-computer-inc-system-2-2-33-0-update-displ...

View post
I think that he meant that he rolled back the bios, but not sure. I'm quite sure that the 308 bios version ruins the IR module of the web camera (basically, IR is not working at all, the image is blue), but if you revert back, you get gray lines and flickers on webcam.

Liviu
Rising Star II
This is another thread related to this driver.
ASUSTek Computer Inc. driver malfunction — ZenTalk