This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Android 11 update started for Asus 6Z (Zenfone 6 in India)

srirammig112
Star II
I tried to update my 6Z phone from Android 10 to Android 11 but seems there is no update .Any 6Z users out there who got their phones updated to Android 11?If you did it manually then plz provide the steps
56 REPLIES 56

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Nikhilaggarwallive

No worries its in download will install it..i don't think will recieve it from OTA push now any further...thanks man for the help

View post
i guess you somehow missed it accidently you might have rejected, or else you could have did what I said yesterday to clear storage/cache of FOTAService (system app)
There will be again a popup asking for update

Nikhilaggarwall
Rising Star I
Bro Fota services can never be rejected for any phone. It starts automatically and like sachin said it's based on warranty date I mean user who bought phone before me recieved an update and I didn't. I mean I agree the server is wierd but not this much that it won't push updates only for my device. Already wasted 40k on this dump. Now not in a mood to waste my money on servicing as well. I am checking manually every second and did cleared the data and cache for 'google service firmware' and 'fota service' as well. Kept my phone on Wifi..I don't know the exact issue what it is...it's a 6th day and week is about to get finish. I mean I received the November patch and after that nothing I recieved. So means there is no issue in my phone and backend support I am not getting any...rebooted my phone like 100 times but not a worthwhile...at the end only option is manual update. But in this case I am concerned that whatif I won't recieve any further updates than I will loose the stable A10 and will jump into Buggy A11 and to be honest I don't have much time to play around with my phone.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Nikhilaggarwallive

Bro Fota services can never be rejected for any phone. It starts automatically and like sachin said it's based on warranty date I mean user who bought phone before me recieved an update and I didn't. I mean I agree the server is wierd but not this much that it won't push updates only for my device. Already wasted 40k on this dump. Now not in a mood to waste my money on servicing as well. I am checking manually every second and did cleared the data and cache for 'google service firmware' and 'fota service' as well. Kept my phone on Wifi..I don't know the exact issue what it is...it's a 6th day and week is about to get finish. I mean I received the November patch and after that nothing I recieved. So means there is no issue in my phone and backend support I am not getting any...rebooted my phone like 100 times but not a worthwhile...at the end only option is manual update. But in this case I am concerned that whatif I won't recieve any further updates than I will loose the stable A10 and will jump into Buggy A11 and to be honest I don't have much time to play around with my phone.

View post
you need not to touch any google service related app except FOTAService by ASUS
A11 is far better than A10 in terms of stability (good / normal battery backup / no heating issues around the cam region, flips performing well, no sudden restarts, no hang so far, gaming also smooth) But I had lot of problems while using A10
Stabilized videos from google photos were not getting saved and battery backup was poor
so I reverted back to 9 and waited for A11
You shall never worry about OTAs unless you mess with ROM , device will get all future OTAs if we follow manufacturer's guidelines

Nikhilaggarwall
Rising Star I
I haven't brother like I m not a developer...I only know few things not much so never rooted my any android device n never done any such kind of "playing around" things like tickling ROM or RAM...used in a simple manner and Similar case with Asus. It's been more than 10 years I am using Android but never faced such kind of issues in my life. Well let it be...I finally gave up as I am not expecting any help from any moderators here. Tagged every known person n created lot of Chaos in here. So let's stick with A10 now. If it'll come in future like after a month or two will forsure drop a message in here.

Thanks for the help brother. Nice talking to you. 👍👍😊😊

Nikhilaggarwall
Rising Star I
Obviously man...if you have some automatic feature and you have to operate that feature manually...than what's a fun of saying it as a automatic feature.
Asus said they pushed the ota in batches so it'll take a week but after a week also I haven't recieved anything. Now service agent is saying update it manually. Why will I take a risk of that.