Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Swadesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145713#Comment_145713

I am being as considerate as I can be. Do you want me to keep discretion as well, and not share my experience with community? Many non tech savvy people won't even notice the phone being downgraded to L3, and when they do, they may have to go through the same pain.

Imagine if something was broken on the phone by me, would ASUS be considerate in that situation? They'll even refuse to fix the phone without pay in case of any physical, or technical issue. What happens to the "consideration" in that situation?

Will you be considerate enough to give me a replacement, instead of having me wait for days to fix your mistake?

You're representing a multi-billion dollar company, not an individual who's running a startup. So, it is time that community as well the staff stopped acting as such.

I am pissed because that phone is authorized at the company I work at, and it is the only phone where I can receive notifications and messages other than my laptop from the company for security reasons.

I am being vocal on the forum, because I want everyone else to know how it is being handled, and what others may have to go through if they choose to get it fixed from service center.

It is day 4 since I dropped my phone at service center.

Edit: I don't know when we discussed about the update. Because this was our last conversation.

screenshot-20210108-102910592-1.jpg

I had to call service center to get the update. We didn't discuss anything.

View post
You're not tech savy either or else you'd known that the downgrade was a mistake from qualcomm and not ASUS. OP, Motorolla, ASUS and Oppo have already had plenty of users complaining about it already. But thickheaded people here in the forums clearly like to fault ASUS for things they have no control over, same with the entire Google assistant fiasco.
The only thing I find strange is that the L1 certificate is purely a software issue and I don't see any need to send any phone to a service center.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Christine_ASUS

Dear all,

The issue of ROG3 Widevine L3 is now under investigation for software solution. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

View post
According to Falcon_ASUS's answer:
This situation is expected to be optimized and adjusted by subsequent firmware updates.
screenshot-20210109-104141219-1.jpg
patricklcw

我看到有報導之後我再看到自己的ROG, 煩請大大幫忙解決

我的ROG3的 windvine 的 security lv 是 lv3,我想知應該怎處理

Swadesh
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145754#Comment_145754

You're not tech savy either or else you'd known that the downgrade was a mistake from qualcomm and not ASUS. OP, Motorolla, ASUS and Oppo have already had plenty of users complaining about it already. But thickheaded people here in the forums clearly like to fault ASUS for things they have no control over, same with the entire Google assistant fiasco.

The only thing I find strange is that the L1 certificate is purely a software issue and I don't see any need to send any phone to a service center.

View post
I am not faulting Asus for downgrade, but how they're handling it and how their service center is outsourced to third party who have no idea what is widevine to begin with.
They're handling it terribly. 5 days to re-flash a certificate? Lol.
First they're sending pm to everyone as if they're giving everyone a solution. But all they do is send you to service center. The service center is totally unprepared to handle it as they don't even know what they're supposed to do, and what widevine is.
Also, you should stop going through the forum and acting above everyone. It is not your job, have some life.
Knowledge should come with wisdom not show off.

Swadesh
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145754#Comment_145754

View post

I am not faulting Asus, but how they're handling the situation. FIrst of all they're sending everyone private message as if they've a solution. But, all they do is send you to the service center. Don't get me started about their service centers. They're all outsourced to third party service providers. They had no clue what widevine is when I went there.
Many other companies suffered from Widevine downgrade in the past as well. I don't have experience with all of them, but my Oneplus 7 Pro had this issue as well, but it was rectified by an OTA update. And no one sent me to service center, and had me live without my phone for days after ensuring me that I may get my phone back same day, or next day. Especially when it is either their mistake or their vendor's.
Asus is not a start up company whose actions can be ignored. It is a multi-billion dollar company which should know better. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if it is not handled properly, Asus is at fault. Period.
Do you buy an iPhone and blame sony when camera is not working as advertised?
Also, you should stop going through all the forum posts pretending you're above all. Have some life, and stay on topic. No need to demean someone in order to prove your point. You can always say things wisely. Knowledge comes with wisdom, not with show off.

Edit:
Update: Service center informed me that they're still waiting for response from Asus after their initial attempt to flash the certificate failed. They followed exact steps that Asus gave them, but it failed. It has been more than 36hours and counting for Asus's response on the matter. As soon as this billion dollar company figures out how to flash certificate on a phone without error, it will be fixed. Great!

Swadesh
Star III
Update:
Called service center on 9th Jan at 3PM local time. They have no update about phone, and they've no idea what is going on. They said. "I should call ASUS on toll free number for any update and not them."
WTF?