This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for an L-shaped type-c cable for the charger.

Craven
Rising Star II
Can anyone recommend me a quality elbow type-c cable with the smallest protrusion possible? I'm gonna use it on the bottom charging port because the stock cable just sticks out too much that comfortability gets compromised and the side port is already reserved for the earphones. I understand using a different charging brick might harm the device but idk if the same applies for the cable. Do they have different specs or something or are they all just the same?
6 REPLIES 6

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145371#Comment_145371

Can car batteries damage it tho? I have tried plugging in the phone with a usb type c into a car plug I think it's called,and it charges slowly and I'm hoping that it doesn't damage the device since if I for example open a game and let it play in the seat,drains the battery either way

Will the car battery damage the phone since it charges very slowly?

View post
I think you mean those cheap ones you stick into the thing people use to light cigarettes, yes it's safe. As long the voltage is 5v the amp doesnt matter in the slightest. Cheap ones typically have 5v 1A which is increadibly slow at charging but it cannot harm your device.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145654#Comment_145654

I think you mean those cheap ones you stick into the thing people use to light cigarettes, yes it's safe. As long the voltage is 5v the amp doesnt matter in the slightest. Cheap ones typically have 5v 1A which is increadibly slow at charging but it cannot harm your device.

View post
Well,it does connect directly to the car battery but yes it takes only 1 usb so I use a normal type c usb cable and it charges very slowly
So that means its safe right?