System: FA506 TUF Gaming
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FA506IU.309
Frequency of occurrence: continuous
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
This unit is brand new - out of the box this morning. I opened it to install extra RAM and 2nd SSD before power on. All is great - except there is no sound from the internal speakers. Headset sound is OK. I have deleted and reinstalled the Realtek sound drivers, and disabled and reenabled the speakers using Device Manager.
Is it likely that I might have dislodged a cable while installing the RAM or SSD modules? Or is there another explanation? Every troubleshooter I have tried so far has not found a problem.

3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
michaelmoore
  1. System: FA506 TUF Gaming
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FA506IU.309
  4. Frequency of occurrence: continuous
  5. Reset OS: no
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

This unit is brand new - out of the box this morning. I opened it to install extra RAM and 2nd SSD before power on. All is great - except there is no sound from the internal speakers. Headset sound is OK. I have deleted and reinstalled the Realtek sound drivers, and disabled and reenabled the speakers using Device Manager.

Is it likely that I might have dislodged a cable while installing the RAM or SSD modules? Or is there another explanation? Every troubleshooter I have tried so far has not found a problem.

No sound from internal speakers (FA506)
there is no relation between RAM Modules and SSD with sound.
is the same external speaker is working with another laptop or computer, all external comes with power cable and power switch on or off, did you powered on th speakers and have you connected proper audio output cable to your audio slot.

make sure audio feature must be enabled in BIOS

michaelmoore
Star I
Thanks. Sorry if my comments about installing hardware were misleading. The internal speaker cables run under the battery across the front of the chassis, and since headphones work fine, I suspected that I might have disconnected something while installing the extra RAM and SSD. I reopened the case to check, but couldn't see anything obvious.
Again, these are the internal speakers that aren't working.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
michaelmoore

Thanks. Sorry if my comments about installing hardware were misleading. The internal speaker cables run under the battery across the front of the chassis, and since headphones work fine, I suspected that I might have disconnected something while installing the extra RAM and SSD. I reopened the case to check, but couldn't see anything obvious.

Again, these are the internal speakers that aren't working.

View post
then take to your laptop to nearest Asus service center