========================
Detailed description:
Hello, I have a TUF Model FA506IV
System build:
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Base Clock 2.9 Ghz, 8 Core(s), 16 threads
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: DDR4 8G
HDD: 512G PCIE G3 SSD
I just bought this gaming laptop in November 2020. I notice that this laptop has low frame rates (For the Hardware) when I play light games such as Overwatch or Fortnite. I am getting around 70 to 90 fps on optimized Windows settings & in-game optimization. I really hoped that I would get at least 150 fps for RTX 2060 & AMD Ryzen 7, I paid for. I have also called the Asus Support Number & they told me to just turn on Turbo mode in the Asus Armory Crate. It barely did anything. I also installed all of the updated drivers on my computer. I really don't know what to do now. I only bought this Gaming Laptop after looking at multiple positive reviews online. Is there any way I could improve the performance of my laptop?

6 REPLIES 6

anhquangno1
Star I
Got the same problem with my new Fa706 ii laptop. With this spec we should have get better gaming experience. I have tried every things , update every thing but the problem still exists. Hope Asus will have a solution for us

tin_bedenko
Star I
I have the SAME PROBLEM, but on my VivoBook Pro 17 (N705FD).
Your GPU Fan stops working without a reason, that's why you get awful performance...

Asus replaced my fan, I've tried every little thing software wise - the problem still persists. I've disabled every Asus piece of garbage - the problem still persists...
It is like that since the beginning. My warranty is running out in two weeks and the problem is not solved. What to do?
I will write this on every post on this forum until someone fixes this!!!

rob_mgr
Star II
you're not te only one, many people have the same problem whit other asus models, we are still waiting for a solution

tin_bedenko
Star I
I know man...
Wasted my whole day yesterday to read hundreds of posts about the same problem on this forum 😄

I only Wish I knew this before my purchase, there is no notebook that gave me this much headache.

We hope for the best!