This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 10

Sakis
Star II
We are reaching the end of 2020 and we finally want something official about whether we will get android 10

13 REPLIES 13

hermantan89
Rising Star I
I've been saying this for 6 months. It's clear Android 10 doesn't support the upgraded Snapdragon 845 (not the standard version).
The second reason is, because ROG Phone 1 users are only 6.7% of the total ROG Phone series. The number of users is crucial here. Just look at Windows 7, which Windows is still updating because the users are still above ~20%.
The 3rd reason is, because the Asus team is now oriented to making the next ROG Phone series (it will probably be called ROG Phone 5, because number 4 is an unlucky number in Taiwan).
Of course, this is bad news for users of this initial series of ROG Phones. Especially for who just bought it in 2020,or end of 2019, because you want to get it when the price is Cheap, right? It's no different from buying an scrap metal lol.
Of course, upgrading the ROG Phone 3 is the best option to get Android 11, even A-12. You can sell your phone to collectors for a little money.

Anilkumar
Rising Star II
hermantan89

I've been saying this for 6 months. It's clear Android 10 doesn't support the upgraded Snapdragon 845 (not the standard version).

The second reason is, because ROG Phone 1 users are only 6.7% of the total ROG Phone series. The number of users is crucial here. Just look at Windows 7, which Windows is still updating because the users are still above ~20%.

The 3rd reason is, because the Asus team is now oriented to making the next ROG Phone series (it will probably be called ROG Phone 5, because number 4 is an unlucky number in Taiwan).

Of course, this is bad news for users of this initial series of ROG Phones. Especially for who just bought it in 2020,or end of 2019, because you want to get it when the price is Cheap, right? It's no different from buying an scrap metal lol.

Of course, upgrading the ROG Phone 3 is the best option to get Android 11, even A-12. You can sell your phone to collectors for a little money.

View post
I will just say that don't buy ROG because in these phone there will so many buys when new android come. If you want any after service the you have to give your phone for more than 1-2 months to service center then why you buy that phone if you give phone to service center for so long

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
This company is piece of crap in making mobiles. Just bought the VIP pass for Samsung Event. Never ever Asus. Will switch to S21 Ultra.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41878/android-10

There are no plans to update ZS600KL to android 10 in order to maintain better system stability there will only be critical security patches n bug fixes with android pie for ROG phone

Sorry for inconvinence caused,and thanks for continous support & patronage.

View post
Wrong, it is because lack of developers capabilities at Asus. I hope they hire better people.