Android update

Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When will asus release android 11 for ROG phone 2?
Should we expect an update for the same or not?
seeing condition of asus max pro series and company track records.
17 REPLIES 17

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145192#Comment_145192

They are still evaluating A11 for ROG 2 it will mostly take time and decided only after zenfone 7/7pro & RoG 3 A11 stable.

Stay tuned!

View post
Just Upgrade guys if you can , there is no scope fr expectations

Vamp
Zen Master I
ROG 3 getting android 11 beta enroll section in system update now...
Mods Any update on timeline for ROG 2.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Rog 2 won't get android 11,
As @Anders_ASUS and @ARP_ASUS said, "nothing planned" means they won't update. Decisions like these are made well before AOSP release not this late.
For asus, RoG series is not Flagship, Zenfone series is, hence, only 1yr updates.

Same thing happened to RoG 1, it's still stuck on Android 9.

Vamp
Zen Master I
shreyashshah16

Rog 2 won't get android 11,

As @Anders_ASUS and @ARP_ASUS said, "nothing planned" means they won't update. Decisions like these are made well before AOSP release not this late.

For asus, RoG series is not Flagship, Zenfone series is, hence, only 1yr updates.

Same thing happened to RoG 1, it's still stuck on Android 9.

View post
I mean if they did not plan to release atleast two major updates for their more costlier devices then I don't see Asus surviving 2-3 years from now in mobile market.
After RoG 2 practically their sales decreased hugely for RoG 3 and companies like OnePlus are promising 3 years of support with 3 major updates now... It does not make sense to buy something for just hardware (and even hardware is mostly so so at best looks good on spec sheet but won't last 2 years because it does not have descent quality) and a year after a year or so company be like f**k you, you device is not eligible for next android because our dev need more nap times. And Asus don't even get started on things like it's a gaming phone and we invested a lot on RnD and special software so it's not possible to keep supporting a device for long (which investments are translated into device price so they take our money and say "we invested").
Next time please tell customer that don't buy this phone if you wanna keep up with the latest software and also please tell how long you are going to support a device.

I mean they only release 3 devices (Rog and zenfone(pro)) per year, even less than Apple, Doesn't look that hard managing 6 devices a year.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
You guys are talking about A11 great;) well here after updating to latest firmware A10 my game keep crashing black scryee and then phone switch off or sometime restart itself.. it's gaming phone and u can't play games in that great 🙂