ROG Kunai 3 USB Mode random disconnect!

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .99
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: During Gaming with ROG Kunais 3
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Still testing but noticed while playing Rockman X Dive
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I paired my Kunai's with bluetooth and this doesn't seem to happen on bluetooth mode but while testing USB mode with the bumper on my ROG Phone 3. I noticed that randomly while playing Rockman X Dive my controller will disconnect (Green LED turns off and turns back on). When I first connected the controller the update firmware box appeared and I clicked update and it quickly disappeared not letting me know if everything went well. Then it asked for another update which I did and the same thing happened. SO not sure the firmware version or how to check.

I noticed after rebooting it didn't happen for a while but it did happen again. I checked the physical connection and it is really tight and secure. It just seemed to happen randomly.
48 REPLIES 48

got the same problem,
game genshin impact

coleymolie
Star I
Random disconnecting is happening for me as well on a Rog Phone 2. Happens with all games and even on the home screen

ace_crdv
Star II
I originally thought it's because I was using the aerocooler and the kunai on usb mode at the same time. I thought because they were drawing power at the same time so they were disconnecting. But I was using the kunai recently without the aerocooler and the problem still persist.

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Same thing happened to me. I just got my Kunai 3 2 days ago, and noticed in Genshin Impact I'd lose connection while in USB mode. Also in Bluetooth mode, only the left controller works for genshin impact too.

martinezfrancis
Star II
I got scared thinking I got a faulty unit. It the same thing is happening to me