This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Noticed Difference in focus between pro mode & Auto mode for Close shots,Need adjustmensts.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL
Firmware Version:100.10.107.110 (Android 10)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera app (pro mode) Version [5.0.71.0_200117]
New bug found in .110 in 5z
Manual focus is not adjusted properly via software in pro mode so it is hard to get clear macro shots check screen recorded video below,👇 there is difference between focus in pro mode & Auto mode👇👇

Always have to tap (Auto) to focus clearly for close shots as shown in video
Tried every possible way clearing cache,storage,reset to default settings & safe mode problem exists everywhere also i have 2 5z's and both have same problem so i can confirm it is a bug & i hope this bug will be fixed in coming FOTA
There is no problem with Autofocus🙂 @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ranesanket90

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42891/lost-auto-focus-asus-zenfone-5z-in-wide-angle-as-well-a...

for me AF or MF both are disabled in my 5z but GCam able to focus with wideangle camera also its an software issue

View post
In your case did you try clearing cache & storage of camera if not follow this 👇
Settings>apps & notifications>camera>storage>clear data/clear cache.
also try to check your autofocus by doing SIMMI test👇
Open calculator> type .12345+= > camera test you desire
Now see if camera retains its focus if still it does not than only factory data reset will help in your case.
Note:- please dont forget to backup your important data before you factory data reset
Thanks!

ranesanket90
Star I
sorry i have tried everything nothing works. please read post before giving suggestions. only factory reset seriously? With GCam wide angle as well as Main is able to focus its more to do with Asus camera application i not getting pro mode with other applications that's why it needs to be fixed.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ranesanket90

sorry i have tried everything nothing works. please read post before giving suggestions. only factory reset seriously? With GCam wide angle as well as Main is able to focus its more to do with Asus camera application i not getting pro mode with other applications that's why it needs to be fixed.

View post
If you are not facing any problem with GCam but only with camera application than that means any third party app may be triggering this and for that you have to try reset to default settings from camera app settings and see if it starts to work again if not you have to follow this step👇
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145316#Comment_145316

In your case did you try clearing cache & storage of camera if not follow this 👇

Settings>apps & notifications>camera>storage>clear data/clear cache.

also try to check your autofocus by doing SIMMI test👇

Open calculator> type .12345+= > camera test you desire

Now see if camera retains its focus if still it does not than only factory data reset will help in your case.

Note:- please dont forget to backup your important data before you factory data reset

Thanks!

View post
M sure it may start to work again there is nothing wrong with software i Am on latest .110 and i have no issues since i have updated
Thanks!

ranesanket90
Star I
Hi,
Thank you for your response. i was using Gcam because Asus Default camera application was not able focus in wide angle as well as in pro mode as AF option is disabled i don't know how.
I have tried resetting Asus Default camera application by clear access, clear cash , clear storage. i have also tried SIMMI test for wide angle camera it does not focus after that i installed Gcam to cross verify has camera has gone bad but it's not the case Gcam application was able to focus in wide angle so i tried Open camera from play store that was also able to focus in wide angle.
after all this i tried to boot in safe mode and check but in safe mode im getting same response it does not focus in wide angle. i have completed factory reset as well as hard reset through recovery mode nothing has sorted the issue.
as per all this i can only say it is something to do with software rather than hardware because if hardware gone bad the same issue should have reflected in other applications.
can i any how flash Asus original firmware? or can i get Asus Camera Application .apk file so i can overwrite it? please let me know.
Thank you

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ranesanket90

Hi,

Thank you for your response. i was using Gcam because Asus Default camera application was not able focus in wide angle as well as in pro mode as AF option is disabled i don't know how.

I have tried resetting Asus Default camera application by clear access, clear cash , clear storage. i have also tried SIMMI test for wide angle camera it does not focus after that i installed Gcam to cross verify has camera has gone bad but it's not the case Gcam application was able to focus in wide angle so i tried Open camera from play store that was also able to focus in wide angle.

after all this i tried to boot in safe mode and check but in safe mode im getting same response it does not focus in wide angle. i have completed factory reset as well as hard reset through recovery mode nothing has sorted the issue.

as per all this i can only say it is something to do with software rather than hardware because if hardware gone bad the same issue should have reflected in other applications.

can i any how flash Asus original firmware? or can i get Asus Camera Application .apk file so i can overwrite it? please let me know.

Thank you

View post
Thats strange.... I think you should take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible to examine your 5z and they will surely help on this if its software or hardware
About ASUS Camera apk... This is latest apk 5z has with (Android 10) Zenui 6👇
Please try to overwrite as you are saying and see if this helps.
Thanks!