Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:From the very beginning
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon prime Video
Hi ,
This is the reply which I got from Amazon support. It would be really helpful if Asus support can also help on this. Have reported this issue many times. Please bring HD support to Asus Zenfone 5z.
screenshot-20210106-133038372-1.jpg
@Anders_ASUS @amit220488 @vic999 @vic999
@victor0_ASUS @Christine_ASUS
7 REPLIES 7

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mohitp983

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145287#Comment_145287

Yes that is fine unique flip design of Zenfone 6, Zenfone 5z is also a "flagship" phone right. So I expect my phone to play full HD videos , tell me what's the use of HD screen if an app doesn't support HD playback.

Even basic phones have these features and yeah please be informed that this problem exists only with prime video.

Why can't Asus contact Amazon support and update us. This is a request and I want mods to reply.

@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Victor_ASUS

View post
Asus have requested amazon several times when they where enabeling prime HD for zenfone 6 & ROG 2,3 BUT amazon choose zenfone 6 and beyond devices to add them in its whitelist. (5z was one of the old flagship) I had a long discussion on this earlier internally and this is answser i have got.
I agree with your point that basic phones have it but unfortunately its not in hand of ASUS to enable it its really a hard and time taking process in amazon to add any device to its whitelist.even after everything submitted to Amazon they ignored 5z and added later phones and whyy.??? Thats still unknown & which can only be answered by Amazon itself.

mohitp983
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145443#Comment_145443

Asus have requested amazon several times when they where enabeling prime HD for zenfone 6 & ROG 2,3 BUT amazon choose zenfone 6 and beyond devices to add them in its whitelist. I had a long discussion on this earlier internally and this is answser i have got.

I agree with your point that basic phones have it but unfortunately its not in hand of ASUS to enable it its really a hard and time taking process in amazon to add any device to its whitelist.even after everything submitted to Amazon they ignored 5z and added later phones and whyy.??? Thats still unknown & which can only be answered by Amazon itself.

View post
Amit, I know support is ending but I would really appreciate if you could raise this issue again one last time with the mods.
Need your support.
Thanks

@amitgarde3

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mohitp983

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145448#Comment_145448

Amit, I know support is ending but I would really appreciate if you could raise this issue again one last time with the mods.

Need your support.

Thanks

@amitgarde3

View post
had raised it 2-3 times and nothing have been done until now so basically as i said unless Amazon decides to add it ASUS can do nothing. There is FOTA coming really soon see if surprisingly 5z gets prime HD with it. waiting is the only thing we can do
And dont worry i will again try to poke this issue from my side to officials lets see if they do anything
Thanks!