This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Noticed Difference in focus between pro mode & Auto mode for Close shots,Need adjustmensts.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL
Firmware Version:100.10.107.110 (Android 10)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera app (pro mode) Version [5.0.71.0_200117]
New bug found in .110 in 5z
Manual focus is not adjusted properly via software in pro mode so it is hard to get clear macro shots check screen recorded video below,👇 there is difference between focus in pro mode & Auto mode👇👇

Always have to tap (Auto) to focus clearly for close shots as shown in video
Tried every possible way clearing cache,storage,reset to default settings & safe mode problem exists everywhere also i have 2 5z's and both have same problem so i can confirm it is a bug & i hope this bug will be fixed in coming FOTA
There is no problem with Autofocus🙂 @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
Even i am facing this. This needs rectification along with battery backup improvement in upcoming update.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
I will check with the relevant team of ZS620KL Auto Focus in 6+ cm and Manual Focus in 10+ cm. However, I assess that it is a normal behavior because (1) the standard of the nearest focus distance is normally up to 10-15 cm (2) all the Android 10 version ZS620KL have this behavior.
I will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

I will check with the relevant team of ZS620KL Auto Focus in 6+ cm and Manual Focus in 10+ cm. However, I assess that it is a normal behavior because (1) the standard of the nearest focus distance is normally up to 10-15 cm (2) all the Android 10 version ZS620KL have this behavior.

I will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

View post
Thanks and we are egarly waiting! 😁

ranesanket90
Star I
ranesanket90

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z ZS620KL
  2. Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.110_20201118
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Camera Application

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The problem first started occurring after Oct or Nov security patch update. I was waiting for Asus Dev team to recognize the problem exists as many where reporting it. but Asus moderator giving stupid response go to service center.

describing Issue with camera as follows

screenshot-20210105-102033249.jpg

Main camera is able to focus just fine no problem with it.

screenshot-20210105-102114585.jpg

Wide Angle camera Does not Focus at all.

inkedscreenshot-20210105-102128168-li.jpg

In Pro Mode Autofocus is disabled.

To Fixed This I have tried following instruction which are usually given by Asus Moderators or Customer Service.

1. Started in Safe Mode try using camera same problem exists.
  2. Cleared cache memory of Asus camera application. it did not resolve problem.
  3. Completed factory reset it did not help.
  4. Completed Hard reset through recovery mode it did not help.

I have tried GCam application with it wide angle as well as main camera is able to focus. so its definitely not hardware issue its an software issue.

so now question is when will Asus Dev team solve it as its been over 2 months they are not even bothered to solve it and Sincere request to Asus Dev Team don't want to give any feature to phone even its well capable of handling its fine but don't break the phone by providing bugs. the Phone is performing so well after 2 and half year of use still I'm getting battery usage of single day. phone is still performing like a new. so please don't break it by buggy updates.

Please don't give a stupid response go to service center to solve it. it needs to be fixed under firmware update. you're damaging companies reputation by these kinds of updates.

I'm not bothered that much as main camera able to focus is not blurry able to read QR codes if it was messed up then camera will be useless.

Just fix this as soon as possible.

Lost Auto Focus (Asus Zenfone 5z) in wide angle as well as in Pro mode
for me AF or MF both are disabled in my 5z but GCam able to focus with wideangle camera also its an software issue