This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge battery drain while idle (50% overnight)

Visa
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6 (2019)
Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2011.183
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Around 3 weeks ago I noticed my phone's battery being dead in the morning despite leaving plenty of battery left in the evening. In the past week I've been experimenting with different settings and removing certain apps, but nothing has helped. I even factory reset the phone and still the battery drains just like before. It feels as if the battery drains at the same pace whether the screen is on or off.
I have the power saving mode constantly on, mobile data and location off, super saving for 6 hours of the night and still the battery drains over 50 % overnight. What could be causing this and is there anything to do other than take it back on warranty?
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Visa

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6 (2019)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2011.183
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Around 3 weeks ago I noticed my phone's battery being dead in the morning despite leaving plenty of battery left in the evening. In the past week I've been experimenting with different settings and removing certain apps, but nothing has helped. I even factory reset the phone and still the battery drains just like before. It feels as if the battery drains at the same pace whether the screen is on or off.

I have the power saving mode constantly on, mobile data and location off, super saving for 6 hours of the night and still the battery drains over 50 % overnight. What could be causing this and is there anything to do other than take it back on warranty?

Huge battery drain while idle (50% overnight)
I recommend you to update to A11 and factory reset. If it's still draining, then please contact your local support
https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/All-series/ZenFone-6/HelpDesk_Download/?model2Name=ZenFone-6