Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:From the very beginning
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon prime Video
Hi ,
This is the reply which I got from Amazon support. It would be really helpful if Asus support can also help on this. Have reported this issue many times. Please bring HD support to Asus Zenfone 5z.
screenshot-20210106-133038372-1.jpg
@Anders_ASUS @amit220488 @vic999 @vic999
@victor0_ASUS @Christine_ASUS
7 REPLIES 7

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mohitp983

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not:no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:From the very beginning
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon prime Video

Hi ,

This is the reply which I got from Amazon support. It would be really helpful if Asus support can also help on this. Have reported this issue many times. Please bring HD support to Asus Zenfone 5z.

screenshot-20210106-133038372-1.jpg

@Anders_ASUS @amit220488 @vic999 @vic999

@victor0_ASUS

Prime Video
Please dont expect prime HD for Zenfone 5z now there are very very less/No chances that it could get enabled.
Confirmed this via officials.
Thanks!

mohitp983
Star III
Hi Amit, I have reported this issue many times, It was also confirmed by one of the mod that they will try to fix this.
I know it's late for us to ask as support is ending, but please be informed that we reported this issue way back in 2018 itself. So as this was a known issue I expect Asus to resolve it. Also they did fix it for Zenfone 6.
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @amitgarde3 @victor05lynn @Victor_ASUS
@Christine_ASUS

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mohitp983

Hi Amit, I have reported this issue many times, It was also confirmed by one of the mod that they will try to fix this.

I know it's late for us to ask as support is ending, but please be informed that we reported this issue way back in 2018 itself. So as this was a known issue I expect Asus to resolve it. Also they did fix it for Zenfone 6.

@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @amitgarde3 @victor05lynn @Victor_ASUS

@Christine_ASUS

View post
Zenfone 6 case was very exceptional as it had its unique flip design which helped many OTT platforms to excitedly work for zenfone 6 and at the same time ASUS had started this new zentalk which had more active and hardworking mods which focused on many aspects of zenfone 6 also it was ASUS first priority and later ROG 2 and so on,so at that time zenfone 5z was almost 1year old due to which it was last priority for OTT as well as ASUS and they have tried really very hard but According to ASUS its Amazon's fault which only focuses on latest devices to get added to its whitelist
So 5z may/maynot get prime HD but according to mods chances are like only 5% of 100
Thanks!

mohitp983
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145250#Comment_145250

Zenfone 6 case was very exceptional as it had its unique flip design which helped many OTT platforms to excitedly work for zenfone 6 and at the same time ASUS had started this new zentalk which had more active and hardworking mods which focused on many aspects of zenfone 6 also it was ASUS first priority and later ROG 2 and so on,so at that time zenfone 5z was almost 1year old due to which it was last priority for OTT as well as ASUS and they have tried really very hard but According to ASUS its Amazon's fault which only focuses on latest devices to get added to its whitelist

So 5z may/maynot get prime HD but according to mods chances are like only 5% of 100

Thanks!

View post
Yes that is fine unique flip design of Zenfone 6, Zenfone 5z is also a "flagship" phone right. So I expect my phone to play full HD videos , tell me what's the use of HD screen if an app doesn't support HD playback.
Even basic phones have these features and yeah please be informed that this problem exists only with prime video.
Why can't Asus contact Amazon support and update us. This is a request and I want mods to reply.
@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Victor_ASUS