Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Aryan202
Community Legend I
img-20210105-171321-819.jpg
Apparently happening with OnePlus users right now too

premanshusugi
Star I
Same issue widvine automatically downgraded from L1 to L3

puppy_1982
Star II
Hi Team,
55K phone is required visit service centre to fix bug development update release.
Really disappointed ,In Media simply given comments as only smallest number of customers affect.
Why same customers will ask do the refund for bug units (software problems)

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144567#Comment_144567

Could be with Qualcomm too tho as all OEMs say the same thing when they have issues with drm

For example Asus devices get to keep L1 now on unlocking that's something Qualcomm can do so why can't they mess something up 🤔

View post
screenshot-20201221-175358054.jpg
screenshot-20210102-000031013.jpg
No modules or similair. This was on .98 update

Swadesh
Star III
I went to service center, and they have my phone (ROG 3). They didn't even know what widevine is at first, and wanted me to contact Netflix.
I had to explain to them that widevine certification is system certificate, and it is not issued by netflix.
It has been 3 days without my phone. They gave me an old spare phone, which is slow and buggy, but at least I can stay in contact.
On the last update from them, they said that the instructions they followed which was provided by Asus , gave them error, and they're awaiting follow up response from them.
For something which is not my fault, I have to go through a lot of trouble. I went to service center twice on a work day, which is 18KM from my home. I was expecting it to be a quick fix, considering it is a software issue. They would just flash the certificates and I will have my phone back same day. But, it was not the case, because Asus doesn't provide service themselves. They use third party service providers, which service more than one brand. The same service center was accepting Realme and BoAt devices, other than Asus.
The whole arrangement is less than ideal and not as smooth as I hoped. Given that all their service centers should've received a detailed memo with instructions to solve this issue on the spot if any service center receives a phone which has this issue, or similar software issue that was either caused by OTA update, or their software bug.
But, unfortunately, it is not the case. The service center representative was not even aware of the situation.
There is a reason why Apple or Samsung has better after sales service and hence their devices cost little higher. It is not all about electronics and how much punch it packs on paper. There are lots of things that makes user experience better all over, especially after sales.

Asus is far away from that, and it will take a lot of effort from their side to reach there if they want their customers to trust them and keep coming back to them whenever they need upgrade. Otherwise, unfortunately, this is going to be my first and last Asus device.