This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issue with refresh rate

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
Since long and even after 3 subsequent updates the rog 3 has this issue with the refresh rate very frequently changes by itself from 60 to 120hz. And the option to change is grayed out. Please help. Is the ASUS team even aware of this ? Or even this can't be fixed like the black crush issue ?
28 REPLIES 28

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Dr. SushP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144205#Comment_144205

I have been OnePlus user for 4 years and been an active member of their community and red cable club. They have a very responsive community with a very very customer friendly attitude. Only for the first time here at asus I felt lots of asus mods/whatever they are disguised here as users. Whenever you pick out their fault they start defending with all they can as if they have no other job. Which they don't obviously.

And about being polite I have posted my problems days after days and for months without any fix the most known bugs. Asus launcher keeps stopping, bogus lcd contrast in all irrespective of refresh rate at slight higher brightness, and so on and so forth. And what does the devs do... They enables volti in Malaysia,Hong Kong,Japan etc... When every user is eagerly waiting for a fix they release vowifi for Japan with slight improvement in gray.

Its better to treat them like dogs if they are incompetent. People incompetent at their jobs are not shown any respect anywhere in any field. And to show the level of their incompetence they hide themselves in forum disguised as users.

It doesn't matter if a si gle user shows you respect if you are worthy the whole community and all of the users will just love you devs... But they don't.. incompetent useless idiots. Even in other forums I have noticed this sort of response. Despite repeated BEGGING no mods or devs respond more than once in any thread. Bugs and glitches continue to persist. And you expect respect.. 😂😂😂 and someone somewhere said in this thread I ruined my device... Nice response ASUS.

And ADH I may not own the company but I can atleast afford to do so. Because I am good at what I do. In my field. Why don't we meet someday and see who has more manners and who kisses the dirt...

View post
It is actually better representing themselves as ASUS mods because it is easier when they have respond properly and the people who don't respond back properly, you know who the trouble causers are. I know what I would do when I finish my working hours - I finish when it's time for me to finish. Now you are coming up with accusations that some people are disguising themselves as a user to defend the company.
By the way, @ARP_ASUS already answered your query. Please respond back with the video of the issue still happening. If not, I think the ASUS guys here can assume this is no issue and can be closed?

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
I will upload the next time it happens. Noted..!

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
In this case YouTube is open and refresh rate is stuk at 60. Most often when it happens its stuk at 120hz. Settings is grayed out and can't be changed either. System is updated as are all the apps.

botboy444
Zen Master I
Dr. SushP

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ZJE0CR95DZV8/2021-01-06-12-28-16.mp4

In this case YouTube is open and refresh rate is stuk at 60. Most often when it happens its stuk at 120hz. Settings is grayed out and can't be changed either. System is updated as are all the apps.

View post
If you remove YouTube from armoury crate it'll let you change the refresh rate

as far as im aware, theres no way to "override" or change the Hz if an app is running through Armoury Crate, unless its done via the game genie

botboy444
Zen Master I
Dr. SushP

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ZJE0CR95DZV8/2021-01-06-12-28-16.mp4

View post
just watched the video, it could also be because you're screen casting, which (im assuming) will lock the HZ at 60