Star II
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC:
Model: ROG Strix G512Li
Frequency of occurrence: Everyday since 3/1/2021
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I just got my laptop for two weeks and two days ago (3/1/2021) the CPU fan has stopped working and it wont spin even when I switched to Performance and Turbo mode. My laptop getting hot easier when I play games. In the Armoury Crate, it shows "0 rpm" for my CPU fan spin rate, but sometimes it shows constant "63300 rpm" but actually it is not spinning at all (I can tell because there is no air generated at the left exhaust). Plus, when I ran the hardware diagnostic test, it do tell that I might have a problem with my fan
16 REPLIES 16

zenflamerzz
Star II
pxl-20210105-130905870.jpg
@Blake_ASUS ok right now it is working but a few minutes later or if I changed to performance/turbo the fan will stop spinning again....this happened three times already today

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello zenflamerzz,
Please kindly arrange the pick up service and send your device to service center for further examination on the fan.
Thank you.

zenflamerzz
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello zenflamerzz,

Please kindly arrange the pick up service and send your device to service center for further examination on the fan.

Thank you.

View post
Alright. Thank you for your reply sir @Blake_ASUS

zenflamerzz
Star II
Btw @Blake_ASUS , I wanna ask if I open the back of the laptop by myself to check the condition of the fan, will my warranty become void?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello zenflamerzz,
Yes, please kindly be informed that dismantling the device yourself will break the warranty.
Thank you.