Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Aryan202
Community Legend I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144549#Comment_144549

I already had a read on this article when it was published. But it would be silly to say this when device DRM got downgraded via OTA. Don't you think if bug was there with silicon the issue would have been there since launch on the affected devices and not after OTA. I know I am d-bagging ASUS here but that's what it is.

View post
Could be with Qualcomm too tho as all OEMs say the same thing when they have issues with drm
For example Asus devices get to keep L1 now on unlocking that's something Qualcomm can do so why can't they mess something up 🤔

MV
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144567#Comment_144567

Could be with Qualcomm too tho as all OEMs same the same thing when they have issues with drm

For example Asus devices get to keep L1 now on unlocking that's something Qualcomm can do so why can't they mess something up 🤔

View post
There might be a bigger cause for that, too complicated for them to do it via OTA. Vendor keys is one of them. That aside, if someone with root can help to run below magisk module on their device to remove drm lock on Netflix or similar apps and if it resolves the HD playback issue then we have a temp solution.
Magisk module : liboemcrypto
One more solution is to custom patch Netflix app using luckypatcher.
https://www.droidwin.com/watch-netflix-in-hd-root/

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @jin_akira
You may update your device if you want. Thank you.

Hi @aeron.crestfallen, @GarvitKhatod & @KuroiRika
Please check your inbox and further reply. Thank you.

Hi @Skrue, @adamferguson2b6f & sutty
Your regions do not have ASUS official purchased channel for ROG3. Please check with your seller/purchased channel. Thank you.

jaycaminero
Star II
Hi @Christine_ASUS, I also have the same problem. Bought the phone here in Japan and I'm still based here. Could you help? I fear talking with Japan support will take time to make them understand what Widevine is. 😅
Already sent inquiry and called them up, but was told to do factory reset first. Anyway, I did reset but it is still the same.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jaycaminero
Sure. Please check your inbox and reply me your personal information for further guiding under my case tracking.