Nengah
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not:.not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================
I have been noticing my phone's battery Draining a little faster than it should for the size of the battery. It drains about 10% when I am at the gym and I barely use it as I am training. One thing I also notice is when I charge the phone to 80% only it drains faster If I were to charge it to 100%. Obviously that would be the case since it's 20% battery charge from the max but it seems to drain heaps quicker than it should. I have a photo that shows the 100%-10% usage. I would really like to know if I should send the phone to Asus as it's still under warranty. I contacted them last year but it was entering the holiday period and I didn't want to not have my phone over that period.
screenshot-20210103-223647654.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

eqlm2
Rising Star I
Definitely you have an issue

Nengah
Star I
eqlm2

screenshot-20210104-104330804.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144513#Comment_144513

It is not true,

He has an issue. Man it is 6000mA battery, even a samsung with 3000ma can give you more SOT than this.

Dont forget mine is charged to 80%

Comparing my battery with other phones which have smaller batteries, it is not ok either. But it is better than his.

View post
Okay well I'm going to send it off to Asus so I can get it fixed hopefully they just give me a new device. I know opening the insides of these phones and putting them back together can be very annoying.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Looking at people having 0 clue is amusing.

Nengah
Star I
nightmaster552

Looking at people having 0 clue is amusing.

View post
What is your take on the situation then?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Nengah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144981#Comment_144981

What is your take on the situation then?

View post
When playing certain games the screen uses its high speed refreshrate on touch. That drains a lot of battery, hence your SoT seems very bad but its actually normal. Charge your battery up to full charge, don't play anything for an hour and youll see your value is low and normal, play wilf rift again, your screen will zap electricity. It's perfecly normal, most users here have 0 clue so listening to them is like listening to a 7 year old kid talking about aliens.