This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG 3 Is not charging with original power brick, manual OTA update did not help.

tvnaymad
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS)
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Allways
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Okay so i did not update from version 17.0823.2007.58 untill i noticed that my ROG 3 is not charging with original power brick. I tried factory reset and also updated my phone to latest 17.0823.2009.99 version, nothing helped and i still have the same problem. I also tried all the options available in the battery settings but nothing helped.
When i connect the charger to the phone is shows charging icon and two "+" icons on top of it after a while both "+" icons disappear and there is just the lightning icon left but the phone is not charging. (Both "+" and lightning icons are on the battery, not next to it)
I used apple power brick and a different cable to charge and it works but it is way slower as it does not support HyperCharge.
Let me know if there is any solution to this problem, I searched through the discussions with similar issues but found no solution.
17 REPLIES 17

tvnaymad
Star I
Yes i tried both 🙂 and it is the same for both @ronald1985

tvnaymad
Star I
I just don't get it ... people with the same issue get the reply from moderators in one day and here I am asking for it over and over again and just get ignored ...

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@tvnaymad Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away for the holidays. 🎅
I'm closing this thread since you received help in another thread!