This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance tweaks

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So im doing some performance tweaks and would like to know from you genshin impact veterans where the most demanding places are, screenshots with fps would be super nice so i have something to compare too 🙂

Currenntly impressive antutu score of:
screenshot-20210102-000031013.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Carl_Cuper
Star I
nightmaster552

So im doing some performance tweaks and would like to know from you genshin impact veterans where the most demanding places are, screenshots with fps would be super nice so i have something to compare too 🙂

Currenntly impressive antutu score of:

screenshot-20210102-000031013.jpg

Performance tweaks
Dude How did you get that score??
One more question. Is It only possible to get 3.1ghz using aero active cooler? Or without It is possible too?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Carl Cuper

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42737/performance-tweaks

Dude How did you get that score??

One more question. Is It only possible to get 3.1ghz using aero active cooler? Or without It is possible too?

View post
I run it with 3.1ghz without the cooler, the cooler drops temps 2 degrees at best.
@GREEKLEADER I'll try the mountain and see whats up there. When I spin around like mad in the city i get 56 -60.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@GREEKLEADER So i ran around on the mountains basicially maintaining 60fps stable. That being said I tested for the lulz how the smartphone would act if I let everything run stock and I saw that it seems that there is some weird boosting behaviour going on which I cannot quite understand why the phone does that, or rather why the game doesnt trigger the typical boost behaviour. The GPU would only boost to around 450-500mhz instead of its full 670mhz and only some CPU cores would boost to their fullest while the others would only run at roughly half speed. So basicially the game doesnt utilize the Phone on its own enough to make it boost properly, this behaviour is unique to Genshin impact, the other games don't seem to have this problem. This would also explain your FPS drops despite hardware not being fully utilized. When looking at youtube this also doesnt seem to be unique to Rog3, this behaviour can be seen on several phones out there.

Here a video:

It shows the live clockspeed while gaming on an Note 20 ultra, same behaviour, clockspeeds unstable causing FPS drops. Game is quite weirdchamp.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
nightmaster552

@GREEKLEADER So i ran around on the mountains basicially maintaining 60fps stable. That being said I tested for the lulz how the smartphone would act if I let everything run stock and I saw that it seems that there is some weird boosting behaviour going on which I cannot quite understand why the phone does that, or rather why the game doesnt trigger the typical boost behaviour. The GPU would only boost to around 450-500mhz instead of its full 670mhz and only some CPU cores would boost to their fullest while the others would only run at roughly half speed. So basicially the game doesnt utilize the Phone on its own enough to make it boost properly, this behaviour is unique to Genshin impact, the other games don't seem to have this problem. This would also explain your FPS drops despite hardware not being fully utilized. When looking at youtube this also doesnt seem to be unique to Rog3, this behaviour can be seen on several phones out there.

Here a video:

https://youtu.be/WGJR8htCUEc?t=317

It shows the live clockspeed while gaming on an Note 20 ultra, same behaviour, clockspeeds unstable causing FPS drops. Game is quite weirdchamp.

View post
Stable 60 FPS??? In the CITY AND THE MOUNTAINS?? What kind of root are you using and what settings?! I would looove to utilize the full potential of this phone XoX
And also is there a fix for this game? Maybe a setting in preferences or overriding the games code perhaps?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144340#Comment_144340

Stable 60 FPS??? In the CITY AND THE MOUNTAINS?? What kind of root are you using and what settings?! I would looove to utilize the full potential of this phone XoX

And also is there a fix for this game? Maybe a setting in preferences or overriding the games code perhaps?

View post
Nothing you can do as such, only the devs can improve on utilization. Only thing you can do from your phone are tweaks and improvment on boosting behaviour. I havent tested the game in huge battles yet but thats something ill do once my controller arrives. Kinda dislike playing on touchscreen.
As for "what kind of root" i already explaied in your .99 performance thread what root means as youre not quite aware.