This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG 3 Is not charging with original power brick, manual OTA update did not help.

tvnaymad
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS)
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Allways
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Okay so i did not update from version 17.0823.2007.58 untill i noticed that my ROG 3 is not charging with original power brick. I tried factory reset and also updated my phone to latest 17.0823.2009.99 version, nothing helped and i still have the same problem. I also tried all the options available in the battery settings but nothing helped.
When i connect the charger to the phone is shows charging icon and two "+" icons on top of it after a while both "+" icons disappear and there is just the lightning icon left but the phone is not charging. (Both "+" and lightning icons are on the battery, not next to it)
I used apple power brick and a different cable to charge and it works but it is way slower as it does not support HyperCharge.
Let me know if there is any solution to this problem, I searched through the discussions with similar issues but found no solution.
17 REPLIES 17

So, my version is .122 and I am facing the same issue since Jan 1, 2021!! What a fabulous start to the year ...damn... Any solutions guys??? @Gustav_ASUS can you help us please!!!

tvnaymad
Star I
@Swadesh what nickname ?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Do you guys have battery care enabled?
If so, try turn it off.
The other thing is turn off your phone to charge, it should hypercharge there too.

tvnaymad
Star I
@ronald1985 I tested all options avaiable in the settings and found no solution, also tried charging with the phone turned off but all it does is shows hypercharging icon and doesnt charge the phone ... also I did not buy this phone to turn it off everytime i need to charge it ... if only I knew there will be so many problems with rog3 i would just buy a different phone ...

ronald1985
Community Legend I
tvnaymad

@ronald1985 I tested all options avaiable in the settings and found no solution, also tried charging with the phone turned off but all it does is shows hypercharging icon and doesnt charge the phone ... also I did not buy this phone to turn it off everytime i need to charge it ... if only I knew there will be so many problems with rog3 i would just buy a different phone ...

View post
No one said you should turn off your phone to charge forever.
Have you used both USB-C ports when turned off?
This is to help ASUS as soon as they get on 🙂